9

It's ya girl- Charlie's pov

"It's not completely my fault. Those books are ancient and they rip really easily. How was I supposed to know I should've gotten another copy? I don't even know where to find the books. Oh and did Mr. Sam help me figure it the missing words no! If it's anybody's fault it's his!" I rambled pointlessly.

"What do you do?" He repeated and I sighed.

"There was a spell I was supposed to read. I had accidentally ripped out the page and misplaced it somewhere and because of that I couldn't complete the chanting part and I thought nothing happened and it was just an empty spell.....I'm sorry." I confessed not meeting his eyes.

"You just found out you were a mage. And you decided that you could handle a spell? God you're the most irresponsible dumbass bitch I've ever met!" He hissed throwing the medical kit onto the floor.

As if he had super powers Greg woke up and moved to stop his chaotic boyfriend from hurting me or doing any damage. A sharp pain went through my side and I gasped for a breath.

Fuck this hurts! My eyes squeezed shut and I clenched my fist trying to suppress any shouts of pain. The last thing I want to do is fuck things up even more.

He's right. Why did I think I'll could handle a spell. And what the hell would I need to know an earthquake spell for?

"I'm getting some food" Killian said angerly and stamped out of the room. Greg sighed and made his way towards me.

"Hey" he said sitting on the bed.

"Hey.....I'm sorry. For all this mess. I guess I was too excited or something." I said sincerely. He nodded in understanding not saying a word.

"I'm sorry I got you hurt. And all those other innocent people. I don't know how I'm going to make this one up though." I confessed filling the silence.

He finally parted his lips when the bathroom door swung open and it the wall with a bang.

Steam came out along with a red faced wide eyed Logan. He quickly composed himself and smiled half heartedly at at me.

It still warmed my heart.

"We got the um...stuff out. He's as good as new. Anyways we need to hurry, and get going to fix this mess right now. Where's Killian?" He asked his natural leader instinct pushing aside any emotions tied to being a teenager.

His face contorted back into it's stonic and plushy face. A sort of mask of bravery and fierceness meant only for battle. It made my admire him even more.

"He went to get food. I'm not sure how you plan on healing broken ribs and James most likely has a concussion and  Sam...and the other guy..." I trailed off worriedly. What was his name anyways?

"The other guy is perfectly fine. My name is Matthew. Don't call me Matt." A gruff voice said from across the room.

We turned to face James' brother and I felt embarrassed. Of course he had to hear me say it.

"Matthew cool. Could you help us out with the injuries and stuff?" Logan asked semi-politely.

"Of course." He drawled and flicked a hand towards me.

Then the dull pain and sharp ache was gone.

Did he do that? Fucking weird.

"Where's Adam?" I asked walking towards the bathroom.

Logan moved out of my way with a flourish of his hand. I giggled and walked into the still steamy room.

"Hey Adam you okay?" I asked sitting down next to him. He shrugged running a comb through his hair.

"I just-" he sighed and set down the comb. "It's the situation we're in. How the hell can we get out if this? Our teacher might be dead and we still don't even know everything that's happening." He said his leg bouncing up and down feverishly.

"Adam. This was your idea to get involved. We can't just quit now. We just need to recollect and sort things out." I said squatting next to him.

"I just feel like we're useless and so is everyone else here. We have no guidance telling us what to do or where to go and our only help is Sam who's just a weird ass old man with chronic masterbation problems." He ranted standing up his hair flipping slightly.

"Alright calm down. I know you joined this hoping we'd be like chosen saviors or something but this isn't Harry Potter. Nothing is being handed to us and we don't go to school that trains us for this shit. We just need to navigate it ourselves and help in any way we can."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"This is ridiculous. We're wasting our time."

"So then what do you want to do?" I snapped. He can't just keep talking about guidance without a person in mind. It's not like we know anyone here.

"Principal Belstien. He could be a huge asset to us and our cause. We have him join us and we continue going with better support."

"What makes you think he'll join us?"

"I just have a feeling. We need to talk to him. I'll do it alone if I have to." He said surely.

"Fine. We'll talk to Logan about it. Right now we need to see if the rest of the school is fucking okay" I said and walked out the room. The cold blast stinging my nose.

Logan perked up from his spot in front of a projected map.

"What's going on?" I asked sitting down next to Greg.

"We're planning our next move. I think we should defend the school and use it as a base, but Logan wants to head for his family's summer him further up north." Greg informed me.

"Adam thinks we should stay here. Get Principal Belstien on our side."

"That's not a bad idea. It's safer for us to stay here. The twins need to work on their magic and we need support. We can't fight a war with just  5 kids, Logan" Greg said lightly.

"War?" Adam whispered to himself.

"Sure. Whatever. Let's just go just help our classmates yes?" Logan said and we nodded.

Matthew approached us carefully.

"Sam and James will be okay. They're resting. Whatever you guys plan in doing make it quick. We're sitting ducks in here."  He snapped.

I rolled my eyes and jumped up.

Greg followed suit and grabbed a small satchel. "Come on now. I imagine Killian is having a little trouble with his classmates" he said holding his hand out.

I laughed and grabbed his hand.