Chapter Thirteen - I Need You Tonight

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

Chapter Thirteen – “I Need You Tonight”

“And I need you tonight. I need you right now. I know deep within my heart it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right. I really need you tonight…” - Backstreet Boys

~♥~

*THREE MONTHS LATER*

Alex had finally come to terms with the fact that Adam was never going to call no matter what her friends did. But what she couldn’t come to terms with was the news she had just received seconds ago.

There she was sitting on the bathroom floor with the little stick in her hands. Although she didn’t want to admit it, she knew that it was going to positive. She’d been getting sick for the past 8 weeks. And Adam had been the only one she’d slept with.

“Congratulations Adam, you’re going to be a father,” she mumbled to herself and threw the stick away.

She went back into her bedroom and got dressed in sweats and a tank. She met the girls out in the kitchen and her stomach automatically lurched at the smell of the food cooking. She ran into the bathroom and emptied her nearly empty stomach into the toilet. After cleaning herself up, she returned feeling much better.

“Are you okay? I mean, you’ve been throwing up for weeks now!” Christine said.

And that doesn’t seem suspicious to you? Alex thought. Man, my friends are dumber than I thought.

“Yeah, you should really go to a doctor. It’s not healthy for you to be losing liquids so much,” Angel commented.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Alex replied with a wave of the hand.

Now that she thought about it, she should schedule an appointment with her OBGYN to check on the baby.

“Actually, maybe I will call the doctor,” she said. “Yeah, I’ll do that…”

With that, she left the room and went to her bedroom. She picked up her phone and dialed the doctor’s number. She scheduled an appointment for later that day. The moment she hung up, her door slammed open. Standing there was a wide eyed Ashlee.

“You’re pregnant?” she asked.

“SHHH!” Alex screamed, slamming the door behind her. “How do you know?”

“Because you were the last one in the bathroom and there was a new item in the garbage pail. It wasn’t there before,” she said.

Alex sighed. “Yes, I’m pregnant,” she nodded.

Suddenly tears filled her eyes and she was crying into Ashlee’s shoulder. Ashlee held her close and rubbed her back, telling her that it would be okay. They ended up lying down on her bed in the end.

“So what are you going to do?” Ashlee asked, stroking her friend’s hair.

“Do what I have to. I’m not going to give the baby up. I’m going to raise him or her because they are mine. Even if they don’t have a daddy, it’s okay. We can make it without him,” she explained.

“That reminds me!” Ashlee yelled, jumping up off of the bed. “I’m going to kill Adam!”

“No, please, don’t!”

“What’re you going to do? Not tell him? Come on Alex, don’t be stupid! He needs to see what he did!”

Alex gasped and put her hands on her stomach. “My baby will not be looked at like an accident!”