Chapter 17

Upstairs we're all chilling in the game room.

I'm sitting in Kennon's lap watching tv. I wanna kiss his lips so bad but he's never been the type to be gushy in front of his friends. Maybe cuddling and hugging, but anything else? Nah.

Keenon sitts up with me still on his lap, looks at Ru & says, "Let's go do that thang we was talking about. Tell Stacy and Slim to be ready." Me and Jasmine looked at me so confused, we know how to talk to each other with our eyes. "Babe, what thing?" I asked while standing up adjusting my shirt. I've known him for years and I know when he's about to do something I wouldn't necessarily approve of. He looked at me and said, "Don't worry about it. I'll be at yo' crib later on, aight?" he looked at Ru, "We out. I'll text you Choc." Then Ru got up and they left.

I'm so nervous at this point because I know when Keenon and his friends are together they're up to no good. I love his friends but it's always been like that.

"Bitch what you think them niggas bouta go do? On the hood, I don't have time for no fuckin' bad news." Jasmine said. I looked at her and bit my nails, "I really don't know but I know it's not something good. I can't believe they just left us here like this. C'mon girl, let's go."