Chapter 22

Weeks past. I'm finally fully accepting the fact that I'm pregnant. I heard from Keenon a few times during this time, but I still haven't told him that I'm pregnant.

Sitting outside of Wing Stop with Keisha. "So how's my niece or nephew doing inside there? Huh?" she said while giggling. I held my stomach and said "Chill I'm not even showing yet. I can't wait until I start though." Keisha took a bite of her fries and said, "Look. I love you but me and Jasmine think it's hella fucked up how you haven't told Keenon yet, Especially if he check on you from time to time. I know the fight you had with him made shit seem different but you are pregnant with this man's child." I rolled my eyes and said, "I know, I know. I wanna tell him but I don't know how. Like what do I say? Oh and by the way I'm pregnant? I'll think about that some other time Keish. I'm gonna tell him I just don't know when."

Later that night...

Me and Keisha are laying in my bed laughing & talking shit, and waiting for Jasmine to come over. Every Friday night we have sleepovers like we're still kids. It's always kind of been a tradition for us three.

Keisha said, "Bria I really think you gonna be a good ass mom. I can't wait to meet my niece or nephew. I just hate that your mom don't approve of you being pregnant with Keenon." I sighed and said, "Thank you girl, and my mom has always been like that. If he don't meet up to her standards then he's not good enough for me. She loved Keenon as my friend but not as my kid's father. She promised not to tell his mom anything about me being pregnant and I guess she didn't." Keisha put her phone down and said, "That's hella fucked up, but she live in another city so you don't need to stress about that shit girl. You need to focus on telling Keenon about all this shit."

About 10 minutes later I hear hard knocking at my door. Like something happened. I froze and Keisha jumped up and ran to the door.

All I heard is my next door neighbor's voice screaming, "TELL BRIA KEENON GOT SHOT! KEENON GOT SHOT!! They rushing him to the hospital right now!!"