Chapter 6

Cassie pov

It's game day today and it's the biggest game against the worst school ever. When I mean that I mean that all the white girl who can't even play think that they are all that. I just can't wait to beat them. Even though they are not good as my team they are the biggest school and they are rich so they can afford fancy practices and stuff like that. If we win this game our school will inherit a big loan for the school so we can actual get better books and computers which we need. I am super nervous though because everyone from the whole school is going to be watching including Lauren. God that woman is amazing I really want to win this for her. I don't even know if we are dating. We haven't talked since that night she hanged out with me and Tevion. God that night was priceless I would do anything to go back to that night especially that kiss. I hear the bell ring for all the basketball players to go to the gym and warm up. I'm kinda sad though because I wont be able to see Lauren until the game. Tevion and I walk out of math. Tevion is the baseball manger so he gets to leave early. "Are you excited to win today", he asks me with a punch to my arm. "Ya but I'm hecka nervous tho dude", I tell him looking at the ground. "Hey don't worry you are going to beat them rich white wannabe bit-", he tries to finish but I cut him off. " Hey dude come on you gotta stop cussing and that's not why I am nervous", "Ooooohhhhhhh now I know why", "hey just image if she is the most important thing to you and if you don't win she goes away FOREVER!!", he tells me trying to make me feel better. "Ya you are right thanks", "That's why I am here", he tells me laughing. "Hey I got to the gym real quick to work out I will meet you inside ok", I tell him walking away from him towards the gym to workout real quick. I get my air pods out of my bag and turn on my music I see all the other basketball players already working out. I change into my basketball shorts and take off my shirt and stay in my sports bar. I start doing pull ups when something chases my eye. I look out the little window in the door and I see Lauren. I see her gawking at me. She is so zoned out of it that she doesn't notice that I caught her. I follow her glance and I see that she is looking my abs. I flex and that snaps her out of it. She looks at me with the reddest face I have ever seen. She just smiles and walks away. I smile at the thought of her checking me out. I go back to my workout until I feel someone tapping me on my shoulder. I look over and I see that it is Lauren. "Hey Ms. Lindsey how are you doing today", I say looking around to see if anyone is ear distance of our conversation. "I am doing well I just wanted to tell you good luck in your game tonight", she says looking me up and down and then up back into my eyes smiling. "Well thank you and will you be there"? I asked her worried about the answer. " Yes of course I will be there the whole school is going it must be important", "It is we get a big loan if we win", I say looking at her beauty and wondering why she is single but I am happy that she is. "That's great you better win then", she laughs with a little snort that was so adorable and made me laugh. "Omg I'm so sorry that just came out", she is telling me this and I just stop her "It's ok that was adorable.", I tell her so she calms down. "I can't believe how amazing your body looks I wish my body looked like that", she says body shaming herSelf. I hate when women do that."hey you are beautiful just the way you are and hey if you want we could go to the gym together on the weekends or something", I say touching her hand and looking around making sure that no one is around. "Thanks I would really appreciate it", "Ok then it's a date so Saturday I will pick you up at 5 am and we will go to the gym." I say. Before I could say anything else I hear the girls saying that coach wants on the basketball court to warm up. I tell them that I am coming and they all change and get out. I am the last one with Lauren we make sure that we are and we go all the way in the back of the locker room where my stuff is and I put on my basketball uniform. I just changed in front of her. I feel eyes on me and I look back at her we lock eyes and just smile. I finish up and I get up and look at her. I am just thinking why is she so perfect. I snap out when I hear the final bell for the players to be on the court. I look at her and smile and then I lean in to give her a quick kiss and then I tell her I will see her at the game. And with that I leave to get ready.

I know it's long I'm sorry I kinda got carried away. Hope you like it though. Please let me know.