Fight

*Octavia's POV*

School was getting over and I met Melo in the gym. No one else was there right now but us. I got the baby back and all her stuff. "I don't know how you do that," he laughed, "that was tough."
"Yeah," I laughed a bit, "Well I'll see you tomorrow."
"Wait," he started, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah," I shrugged, "have to be. Why?"
"Just uh," he shrugged, "The uh. The bruise. Just wanted to make sure you were okay."
"I'm okay," I nodded, "I'll live."
"Okay," he said, unsure of my answer. I don't blame him. I was lying straight to his face. I waved a little at him and then walked out. I was stopped by Ellie. "Yeah?" I looked at her.
"You stay the hell away from LaMelo," she warned, "That boy is going to be mine and I don't need any scrubs in my way!" she scoffed at me.
"Don't worry about it," I shrugged, "No one in the school likes me. I'm not a threat."
"Damn right," she laughed, "No one likes you sweetie. Don't think even Melo does. He just wants a good grade." Then she left. I shrugged and walked away. It's true. He did just want a good grade and I knew that. Hurt a little more than I thought hearing it from someone else though.

~

Friday came along and LaMelo and I were in the parking lot next to his car. I had got the car seat hooked up in the back for him. "Thanks," he told me.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"You been like," he shrugged, "I don't know. Different the past couple days. You good?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "Just getting what I need done. Don't have time to make friends with people who- never mid."
"No continue," he looked at me.
"For people who bully me," I shrugged.
"You  know what? I don't fucking bully you Octavia. I've been trying to get them to stop and it's been hard on me cause they all make fun of me for sticking up for YOU! So you know what fuck it. My bad for trying to be the good guy. I'll see you Monday," he got in the car and slammed the door. "LaMelo," I whispered, but he drove off. I took there, tears filling my eyes. Maybe he was a good guy after all... Now I just ruined it with the one person that might actually be nice to me... I wiped the tears away from my eyes and then walked my way home.

All night I kept checking my phone.. Nothing from Melo... nothing from anyone. I never felt so alone... I got my phone out and opened our messages. I started to type something but I deleted it. A tear fell down my cheek but I wiped it away. I thought about what to type and finally I did.

Me- Hey... uhh I know I'm the last person you want to hear from, haha. But uhh. I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to go off on you like that... I just... I been low lately and I know you don't care about my issues either lmao. Uhh but thanks for standing up for me that was really nice of you, no one's nice to me lately... Thank you... I'll be nicer to you, I'm sorry.

A couple minutes later I got a reply.

Melo- It's fine.

That was dry.. I did ruin it.

Me- I ruined it didn't I?.. I'm sorry I fuck everything up...
Melo- not everything is about you Octavia. The baby wont stop crying.

Ouch.. Harsh... I deserved it though.

Me- Oh I'm sorry... My bad.. I can be selfish sometimes, haha. Umm did you try to burp her? Or feed her if you haven't. If not try to walk around a little with her pacifier.

He read the text about 10 minutes later I got a reply.

Melo- thanks. She's asleep now.
Me- Anytime... Uh if you need any help just text me... I'll see you Monday sorry for bugging you when you were busy.
Melo- You apologize a lot.
Me- I know, I'm sorry
Me- I mean uh.. my bad
Melo- Don't worry okay? Just had me stressed for a second. I'm sorry for going off too. Just caught me off guard and I been stressed too. We good?
Me- Yeah, we are good. If you need to talk to someone I'm here..
Melo- Thank you.
Me- Anytime.