Face Time

*Octavia's POV*

The same night I was up at about 2AM. Steve got home drunk and was mad, the usual. I just got done being beat and I cleaned up but I was still in tears. Poppy was lying in bed next to me, cuddling me. My phone went off and it was Melo.

Melo- how did you do this?? I cant.🤯
Me- I'm sorry haha. 😅If you want I can take her back tomorrow if it's too much. I'll beokay.
Melo- You're up? Dang girl. It's fine. I gotta do my part too. 💪🏽
Me- Yeah. I woke up and cant sleep again. You doing okay?
Melo- Yeah yeah, I'm good.
Me- Good to hear.
Melo- Can we call? I got nothing to do, but I think your baby miss you.

With that a picture was sent of Haven and him, he was pouting.

Me- I have no makeup on and it's a lil dark but okay.

With that he called me. I answered the face time and played with poppy's long brown hair. "Hey," I whispered, "Cant be too loud." I moved the camera so he could see Poppy, who was half asleep on chest. I moved it back to me and he chuckled. "Got it," he stayed quiet too.
"Can I ask you something? Please don't get mad," I told him.
"Go ahead," he nodded.
"Why are you nice to me?" I asked.
"Cause," he shrugged, "You look like you need someone to be nice to you. That you're gorgeous I don't really know why they pick on you. You're not ugly. You're actually really pretty. And your voice is adorable and the day I saw you laugh, don't get me started."
"Is this a joke?" I laughed a bit, "Seriously?"
"Not a joke," he chuckled, "I'm serious."
"Okay," I nodded slowly, "I was told to stay away though and I don't need another person on my back."
"Who??" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Ellie told me you two were going to be a thing," I shrugged. He gagged fake and chuckled. "That girl is as fake as Haven, Octavia," he laughed, "I don't want a spoiled white girl who thinks she's the shit cause she wears designer." I let out a laughed and nodded. "You're right," I agreed. He nodded back and I heard footsteps. "Hold on," thought I hit mute and I set the phone screen down on my bed. My door swung up and Steve stood there. "Who the hell are you talking to!?" he yelled, waking Poppy up. She started to cry and I sat us up, hugging her. "Sorry I was telling Poppy a story. I was trying to be quiet Sir, I'll keep it down," I lied.
"Better!" he groaned, "I'm trying to fucking sleep!"
"I'm sorry sir," I nodded, "I'll keep it down and get Poppy back to sleep." He threw my candle, that was on my dresser, at the wall shattering the glass everywhere. Then he left. Poppy was sobbing and I forgot I was even on the phone till I heard his voice. "Octavia?..." his voice was shaky and worried. Dammit...