Back Home

*Octavia's POV*

Once I got home there was someone standing at our door, banging on the door. I walked up and looked up at him. "Who are you??" I asked.
"Here to pick sum up from Steve who are you??" he asked.
"His step daughter," I nodded, "He's in jail right now."
"Well if I don't get my fucking pills I'm going to shoot every mother fucker in this house!" he yelled. I nodded slowly. "I-I'll get th-them," I went inside. My mom was asleep on the couch. "What pills??" I asked. He told me them and I went to a room I wasn't allowed him. "Steve's room". It was where he kept all his drugs and sit. I got what they guy asked for, Poppy on my hip. I walked out and held my hand out to him. He looked at it and laughed. "You are dumb as shit I said Oxies!" his gun came out of his jeans and he shot it into the ceiling. Poppy started crying and my mom woke up yelling at me. She got up and walked over, getting the right stuff. She gave it to him and got the money from him. I looked at her with fear, Poppy still sobbing. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" she yelled, "Why would you go in there?!! You're not allowed in there!!"
"He said he would shoot us if I didn't and your too high off your ass to answer the fucking door so you're welcome!" I yelled back, sighing. I walked upstairs and slammed my door. A bullet laying on my floor with a hole in the floor. I shook my head and laid in bed with Poppy. I got my phone out and started to FaceTime Melo. He answered after a few rings and I smiled small at him. "You look like you just saw a ghost you good??" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Just, shit at this house not okay," I shook my head.
"Why?" he asked.
"You don't want to know," I sighed a little.
"Tell me baby," he sighed.
"Someone came in asking for drugs that Steve sells him and I got him the wrong kind and he shot a gun off to the ceiling and my mom yelled at me for it but she was the one so high she couldn't get up and answer the door," I sighed.
"Woah," he sighed, shaking his head, "Come stay with me?"
"I don't think I can," I sighed, "My moms up now she will know if I'm gone."
"Tomorrow then," he nodded.
"Okay," I sighed.
"You guys alright?" Melo asked.
"I think so," I nodded a little bit, looking down at Poppy who was on laying on my chest.
"Tomorrow will be better," Melo told me, "I'll make sure of it."
"Thank you," I smiled at him. We talked for the rest of the night until we both fell asleep on the phone, Poppy on my chest.