Lunch

*Octavia's POV*

Saturday afternoon and Melo was going to come over for lunch and to meet Jonah. Jonah made lunch and I set the table. There was a knock on the door and I went and answered it. "Hey," I smiled at Melo.
"Hey," he smiled back, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back and then we pulled away. He took his sneakers off and I walked him into the kitchen. "Jonah this is LaMelo," I smiled, "Melo this is my brother Jonah."
"Nice to properly meet you," Melo chuckled, shaking his hand.
"What you mean?" Jonah laughed a bit too.
"Well when you and that guy fought at the school I was sitting with Octavia," Melo nodded.
"Oh okay," he smiled at him. We continued with lunch and ate our food they talked a bunch. They seemed to get along really well. I was happy about that. I liked Melo a whole bunch... I really wanted Jonah to like him too. Melo stayed for a good couple hours. Then he had to head back home for practice that night. "I don't like him," Jonah shook his head, "It's too... Jocky for you."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, shaking my head, "He's too good for me??"
"Kind of," he nodded, "He's just too...He's a jock, he's cocky, he's too popular for you. You're a shy quiet girl. He's too much for you.. I'm just looking out for you."
"So to you I'm just some shy little girl who cant get a popular, athletic boyfriend??" I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. He's not going anywhere so get used to it." With that said I walked away to my room. I wiped the tear that was falling down my cheek. I got my phone out and called Melo, knowing he was home by now. He picked up the phone and smiled at me, but his smile faded when he saw I wasn't smiling back. "What's wrong?" Melo asked walking into his room, shutting the door behind him.
"Do you think you're out of my league?" I asked, sighing.
"What? No?" he looked at me confused, "What do you mean?"
"Jonah said you're like too good for me," I sighed, shrugging.
"He did?" Melo shook his head.
"Kinda," I looked down, "Pretty much told me you were out of me league."
"Well you're not," he shook his head, "And that doesn't matter cause you got me. No matter what."
"Good," I started to smile, which made him smile too. We talked for a little while more on the phone before he had to go for practice.

A bit later there was a knock on the door and I knew it was Jonah. "Come in," I shrugged, sitting up a little more in the bed. He opened the door and stood there. "I'm sorry," he told me, "I just. I know guys like that. I was a guy like that. A basketball player pretty boy. I just don't want you to get hurt O."
"I know you're looking out for me but I'm a big girl. I can deal with it," I nodded.
"Okay," Jonah sighed, nodding, "I'm happy you're happy."
"Thank you," I smiled at him, he smiled back. Then he walked out and Poppy came in and crawled up next to me. I turned a movie on for us and we cuddled he rest of the night, watching some movies. Back to school for me on Monday...