The News

*Octavia's POV*

I wish I could've prepared myself for what was going to blow out on Monday... I wish there was some way things could've gone differently but they didn't... What I didn't know going into school Monday morning was the fact that Steve was going to jail for sexual abuse, physical and mental abuse of his step daughter, Octavia O'Brian...

"So you sleep wit your step daddy??" I heard some girl asked, "That's kinky. Did he give you drugs?? I heard he's a drug dealer??"
"I bet she has some kind of STD poor Melo..." I heard someone else whisper enough for me to hear.
"I heard that her dad beat her, maybe that's why she's such a bitch," I heard another person say. The comments just poured out... I couldn't wait for Melo to get here... I stood at my locker till he came and I smiled when I saw him walking over. He was stopped by no other than Ellie. I walked over so I could hear what they were talking about. "So did you hear what happened to your little girl toy?" Ellie asked.
"My girl? Yeah, I knew about it before you guys did," Melo shrugged, "Why?"
"Well who wants some beaten up pussy when you can come with me to my car and have some fresh," she put her hand on his chest and I watched him look at it, think for a second then step away. "No," he shook his head, "Ellie you don't know anything. Just leave me alone aight?"
"C'mon she will never have to know," Ellie stepped closer to him as he moved away, "Daddy you know you want to."
"I don't," Melo shook his head, "Now will you move so I can talk to my girl?" Ellie scoffed and turned around to come face to face with me. "You ever touch my boyfriend again and I wont hesitate to beat the living hell out of you," I warned, "That's not a threat, it's a warning." Ellie looked at me and went to make a comment but I stopped her. "Save it before I knock your teeth out." She looked at me and rolled her eyes and walked past me, pushing my shoulder with hers. I shook my head and looked at Melo who had a smirk on his face. "What?" I asked.
"That was sexy," he smirked at me. I laughed a little bit and walked to him, hugging him around his chest. "Why you so late?" I sighed, "Everyone's been talking about me..."
"I'm sorry," he sighed, "I saw it on the news this morning wit my parents..."
"I'm never going to live this down," I sighed.
"I wont let it continue," he told me, "I promise." I nodded at his response and pulled away from our hug. He went to his locker and got his stuff then we both split to go to our classes. All I heard about all day was comments about the sexual abuse... That  had STD's. That I asked for it. That I wanted drugs and that's how I paid for them... It was so awful... I tried to keep my composure all day, which I did pretty well at.

"Hey I have practice right after school cause we have a game tomorrow, you coming?" LaMelo smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back. "Sure baby. Can you pick me up when you go?" I asked.
"Sure but you'll be like an hour early," he laughed.
"That's okay," I nodded. He pecked a kiss on my cheek and someone who was walking by made a comment. "Don't get too handsy dude you'll catch an STD." Melo turned to him, hands in a fist. I grabbed his arm and shook my head at him. "No more fighting," I whispered to him.
"You talk about my girl again and you best believe you wont be able to say a damn word again," Melo warned. The guy scoffed and walked away from us. I rubbed my thumb against his knuckles that were still clenched. "It's okay," I sighed, "It's been happening all day.. I'm fine."
"You sure?" he untensed and looked at me.
"Yeah," I nodded, "It's fine. I'm a big girl."
"Okay," he nodded.