Nervous

*Octavia's POV*

I went home Sunday afternoon. Well not home, I went to Jonah's house. I guess that was home for now though. I wanted it to be home forever though. I hate it at my moms. "How was your weekend?" Jonah asked me. I picked Poppy up and held her on my hip. "It was good," I smiled at him.
"Good to hear," he smiled at me. I nodded and sat down on the couch with Poppy on my lap. "So who did you see again?" he asked.
"His name is LaMelo," I told him.
"LaMelo who??" he asked.
"Ball?" I shrugged, "I think."
"Really?? You know he is a basketball player, a pretty famous one," he told me, "He has a good following on instagram for it."
"Oh really?" I shrugged a little, "Okay."
"Didn't know you went to such a pretty wealthy school," he told me.
"Dad was paying for it but I don't think that I'll be there long," I sighed a bit, "I don't want to leave I'm finally doing good in this school."
"I'll see what I can do O," he patted my shoulder, "I promise."
"Thank you,"

The next Monday I went to school and I was pretty nervous. I knew I wouldn't be here long but I didn't know when my last day would be. My dad couldn't pay for it anymore, he's gone. I knew my mom and Steve wouldn't pay for it either, they don't have that kind of money. I felt someone hug me from behind, I jumped a little bit till I saw the gold bracelet on his wrist. I smiled and turned around. "Hey," I smiled at him.
"Hey," he pulled away from our hug and smiled at me, "You okay?"
"Yeah, just nervous," I laughed a bit.
"Why?" he asked.
"Not sure how long I'm going to be at this school. Cant pay for it anymore now that my dad passed," I sighed, "My mom and her boyfriend aren't going to pay for it and my brother doesn't have that kind of money."
"Oh," he sighed, "Where would you go?"
"Probably the public school on the east side," I shrugged.
"really?" he shook his head, "That is like drug school. They are all just felons and shit there... you cant go there."
"I have no choice Melo," I shook my head, "Cant pay for it."
"I'll figure it out," he nodded.
"No I don't want you to have to do that okay?" I shook my head, "It'll be okay."
"Okay," he sighed, kissing my forehead. I smiled small up at him and then Micah came over. "Awe look the two love birds," he laughed. I looked at him and shrugged a little. "Leave her alone," Melo shook his head.
"You gon beat me up again pretty boy?" Micah taunted. I shook my head, watching them. "Melo stop," I sighed, looking at him.
"Awe you gon have your little east side trash come to your rescue," Micah kept taunting. Melo stood there, jaw clenched, fists in balls. I looked at Melo then Micah. I stood up taller and slapped Mich across the face. "I'm not east side trash!! I'm not nothing!! I'm a fucking human and I don't know what issue you have with me but you can shut your mouth about me I'm over hearing your bullshit words and your big fucking mouth talking!!" I yelled at him. Micah stood there in shock and so did his friends. "You know what!?" he yelled back finally, "Maybe I fucking like you but you're too naïve to realize that!! Now you're with a fucking player who will probably not treat you right!" Micah yelled. I shook my head. "So bullying me so bad that I thought about killing myself everyday was the right way to do it?" I scoffed, "You lost your chance and you will never have one." With that said the bell rang and I just walked away... Micah liked me.... I liked him for a long time....