Chapter 2

"God morning sunshine" Anna said tiredly as Cas walked, or more correctly, dragged himself into the kitchen. They both had classes today and they had been up for too long the night before talking about Dean Winchester. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they both regretted it now. Anna was taking a sip from her coffee as Cas slumped down at the chair, he pulled the plate closer to him and threw one slice of bread on it. He looked at the eggs in front of him, too tired to understand what to do with them.

"We're so screwed. I'm so going to fall asleep during class" Anna said an moved her index finger around the edge of the yellow and blue striped cup.

Cas nodded and decided to just eat the dry bread, too tired to care for the eggs, if he couldn't figure them out, he wasn't going to eat them.

"How long is yours?"

"I have two, one is one hour and the other is two and a half" Cas answered, mouth full of dry bread, some of it fell out and landed in his lap "what about you?" he poured some orange juice in his glass and took a sip to remove the dryness of the bread.

"One, two hours and forty five minutes" she yawned and scratched the back of her neck, looking out the window.

     It was sunny today and Cas waved Anna goodbye as they headed to their class. Cas was wearing his trench coat, Dean mentioned that he liked it during lunch. He didn't feel like wearing the suit at school, but he would wear it later when he was having dinner with Dean. His mind was so caught up in Dean Winchester, that he didn't notice that the front door was shut and he walked straight into it, falling to the ground. He moved his hand up to his nose to see if he was bleeding, letting out a relieved sigh when he didn't. He stumbled onto his feet and used his hand to massage the back of his neck. He must have stretched something.

     Inside, people were rushing to their classes, someone dropped their papers and desperately tried to pick them back up before some other would kick them away. Someone was standing in the corner making out and another pair of people was sitting in the staircase, almost blocking the way for everyone else. Cas looked at all the people while walking to his first class, math. He didn't find it necessary, but it gave points and he needed all the points he could get. While walking he bumped into his friend, Adam Milligan.

"Hey Cas!" Adam said and gave Castiel a high five.

"Uh, hello"

"I'm going to the cage tonight, with Michael and Lucifer. Do you want to join?"

Cas gave him a look of are you fucking serious? And Adam got the message "Right, Michael... Well, I'll see you around" Adam waved at Cas as he disappeared in the ocean of people.  

The cage, it wasn't anything special, just a little club in the back alley somewhere. It was where all the young people would go every Friday. Cas had been there two times because Anna practically forced him to go when she had just started dating Michael. He had of course brought Adam, because he knew he was going to end up alone when Anna found Michael, and now, Adam had become best friends with Michael and his other friend, Lucifer. Castiel didn't care for Michael, but he thought Lucifer was okay, even though he was a little sketchy and he also believed that Lucifer was the one who introduced Michael to Naomi, resulting in Michael cheating on Anna, twice. Cas shrugged the though off and continued walking to class.

     Math was horrible. Castiel could never get the hold of it and his math teacher, Metatron, didn't make it any better. He was always so angry and he would constantly complain about how he should be the principle and how the current principle, Chuck, didn't do a good enough job. Castiel was happy when class was over and he could leave that horrible room. Next one was history and that was Castiel's favorite class, he also liked the teacher Bobby. He was calm and sometimes he could crack a joke that would make the whole class laugh, but everyone respected him. He was fair and no one dared to make him angry because he got really angry. When someone did something stupid or didn't pay attention to class, he would call them idjit, and then the whole class would laugh for a while and the class would continue.