Chapter 9

Castiel opened his eyes and Anna was sitting on their old, barely used stool, next to his bed, staring at him, as if she was watching over him. He felt a little uncomfortable, but sat up, so they could talk.

"I came home yesterday" Anna said "You were a sleep, so I didn't want to wake you, but you didn't wake up at all, so I got worried"

Cas looked at the watch, it read 02:07pm, he rubbed his eyes and looked at Anna and frowned.

"You have slept up until now, I thought you had gone into a coma or something. When you didn't wake up for breakfast today I called an ambulance, but they told me to just watch you, if you wouldn't wake up today, they would come get you"

Castiel tilted his head back against the wall and closed his eyes "Good thing I don't have any classes today then" Cas tried to joke, but Anna wasn't laughing.

"Castiel Novak, this is serious"

"I know"

He sighed and lowered his head to look at his friend, she had a concerned look on her face and Castiel looked down at his lap. He folded his hands together and shrugged.

"I just... I don't know what to do"

Anna sat down beside him and put her arm around his shoulder, leaning him on her shoulder.

"You don't have to do anything, just ignore it and focus on school, the finals are next week"

"I know, I just-"

"No! You will focus on school, it will take your mind off of  Dean, okay?"

Castiel nodded and Anna smiled, pulling him in for a long hug. They sat like that for a long time, before Anna got up and asked if he was hungry, Cas shook his head, he was hungry, he just didn't feel like eating right now. Anna nodded and left the room, but didn't close the door completely shut, she was really worried about him.

It didn't take long for Castiel to pull up his computer and start his school work, he had that paper about ancient Rome to write and he couldn't wait any longer. He had two weeks left and he had to get it done. Two weeks, that meant it was only two weeks left of this semester. He had this paper, his finals, whole next week was going to be nothing but finals. He had one in English, which collaborated with advanced English, one in History, which collaborated with advanced history, one in math and one in advanced writing, all that and this stupid paper. He didn't have time for Dean and he knew that, so he had to focus. School was important.

     After hours reading and writing, he was almost close to finished with the paper. He had written almost 8 whole pages and the minimum was 10, so he decided he could take a short break. It had been almost impossible writing that many pages, but with a little faith and imagination, everything was possible. He didn't know how well he was going to do, but he didn't care about that right now, as long as he didn't fail. Castiel took a moment to think, should I open my inbox? The red circle was flashing in the top corner and it read 2. One of them could be from his school, so he didn't have much choice but to open it and he was right, one of them were from school, Bobby, to be exact and it was just information about the paper that was due in two weeks, sent to all the students in his class, but the other, was from Dean. Castiel felt his stomach drop and he started shaking. What did Dean have to say? Did he forget something? Did he have to come get it? Or could it be about the internship? He hesitantly opened the email and took a deep breath before reading it. This could be either good or bad.

___________________________________________________________________________

From: Dean Winchester