Chapter 11

Castiel was on his way out, down to Dean's office. It was again Tuesday and it was half past eleven. He was just about to open the door when Anna gripped his arm.

"Where are you going?" she asked and he rolled his eyes.

Ever since he told her about Dean, and he had told her everything, the contract, the apartment, the room and even Lisa, ever since all that came out, she had been overprotective over Cas, it had only been two days, but she had already managed to get on his last nerve.

"You're not going to see Dean? I know what day it is"

"Yes I am" he said and opened the door, shaking loose from Anna's grip.

"I won't let you do that. How can you let someone have full control over you? Own you? No, I won't allow that" she said and Cas replied with a simple "you're doing the same as him now" and then he closed the door.

He wasn't going to take that sort of thing from Anna, of all people, he had always been there for her, supported her, he understood that she was concerned, but there was nothing to worry about. The contract was there for a reason, so no one should be worried. She had promised not to tell anyone, but for the first time in forever Castiel was actually afraid that Anna would spill his secret and that would ruin everything with Dean.

     He entered the building and smiled at Ellen and Garth who was chatting about colors when he walked in. He didn't care much about it, he just wanted to get up to Dean. He took the elevator up to the fifth floor, opened the office door and locked it. He walked straight up to Dean, but was stopped by his hands grabbing his arms.

"Not today" Dean said and Cas tilted his head.

"Why not?"

Dean let go of him and sat down in his chair, gesturing for Cas to sit as well, he did and looked confused at Dean. What was going on?

"We need to talk" the tone of his voice was serious and Castiel became nervous. "I have some questions for you."

"O-okay" Cas stuttered and used his left hand to scratch the back of his neck. Suddenly the air in Dean's office seemed thick and he could hear his own pulse. Had Anna called him?

"So I've been thinking, a lot, about you, us, the contract" Dean started and Cas swallowed, having trouble breathing "and I wanted to ask you, do you want to annul the contract?" Dean looked him straight into his eyes and Castiel couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"What? No! What makes you think that?" Cas said very stressed and nervous and Dean smiled slightly shaking his head.

"Not like that, let me finish" Castiel coughed and nodded, before Dean continued, "This is very difficult for me, so I will need some time, but I was wondering if you would want to annul the contract and just be with me, without the rules and arranged days?" Dean took a deep breath and folded his hands in front of him on the desk, "Castiel, what I'm trying to say is, will you be my boyfriend?"

Castiel's jaw dropped to the floor and he could no longer feel his heartbeat. Was this real? Did Dean really just ask him that? Was he being serious? Or was he just testing him? Castiel wasn't able to pull his eyes away from Dean, he wasn't able to move at all. It felt as the room was spinning and his head felt light, as if it could just float of his neck at any given time.

"R-really?" he managed to force out of his mouth, his tongue having problem shaping that simple word.

"Yes, really" Dean said and twirled his thumbs, again he looked so vulnerable.

Castiel never thought he would hear Dean say that and his mind was spinning, there was so much going on, so many questions that would probably never be answered, like for example, why the sudden change of mind? Castiel hadn't noticed, but he had been silent for fifteen minutes and it wasn't before Dean walked over to him and took his hand to help him up, he realized that he still hadn't answered Dean's question.