Chapter 4

Castiel woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon and he rubbed his eyes tiredly before putting on his clothes from yesterday. He didn't have anything else here, so he didn't have much choice, but he would rather slip into a pair of comfy sweatpants than a pair of stiff uncomfortable jeans. He tripped one time on his way over to the door, not used to having a rug under his bed.

"Good morning" Dean sang from the kitchen and Cas rubbed his eyes again, seeing the successful Dean Winchester sing and almost dance while making breakfast was something he thought he would never see.

"Uh, morning"

Cas sat down at the couch and looked around, he realized that Dean didn't have a television. He leaned back and stared at the wall.

"That can't be comfortable" Dean suddenly said walking past Castiel and into his bedroom, he came back out rather quick and threw a pair of sweatpants to Cas "put these on"

Castiel looked confused at Dean, but he didn't say anything, it was as Dean could read his mind. He walked into the bathroom to change and then he realized that he didn't bring a toothbrush. He tried to smell his own breath when he saw a brand new toothbrush, still sealed and under it was a yellow post it note.

Morning!
I believe you don't walk around with a toothbrush in your pocket and you didn't bring anything with you, so here you have a brand new toothbrush.
- Dean.

Cas couldn't help but smile, Dean was really thoughtful. He brushed his teeth and changed into Dean's sweatpants. He took one quick glance in the mirror before heading back out to Dean sitting on the couch waiting for Cas to join him before eating breakfast.

"I hope you like egg and bacon" he said with a smile and instead of answering Cas sat down beside him and gave him a smile in return.

     After breakfast they were just sitting on the couch talking.

"This is very new to me" Dean suddenly said and Castiel gave him his attention.

"What?"

Dean pulled his legs up in the couch "just sitting like this, talking, escpecially to a person I'm hoping-"

Dean stopped himself midsentence and Castiel tilted his head slightly and narrowed his eyebrows "hoping what?"

Dean sighed and looked over at the bedroom door leding to the room Cas had slept in the night before.

"Did you read the contract?"

"No"

"Then this is going to be very difficult to explain. I was hoping you would have read the contract before I did. I don't think I would have to explain if you had read it"

Castiel moved back a little "I won't read it until you tell me what's going on"

Dean stood up from the couch and walked a few steps away before turning around facing Cas. Castiel could feel his throat growing thick and he knew he had said something wrong, but he was not going to back down, this time he wasn't asking for answers, he demanded them. He was tired of Dean always telling him to read the contract first, when he had no idea what the contract was about. He would maybe understand it better if he did and it would probably not be as scary. Dean seemed like a person that liked to have control, but this time Cas was going to be the chain of command. He wasn't going to let Dean get away easily this time, he was going to answer him, even if it would take all day. Cas wasn't going to leave this couch until he had all the answers he wanted. 

"You said it wouldn't be as scary if I got to know you first and whatever is in this contract is obviously a big part of who you are so I want to know" Cas said and leaned back in the couch trying to be superior to Dean.