Chapter 8

Castiel opened his eyes and blinked a few times to focus them, when he realized he was on the couch, with Dean, in the crock of his arm. Dean was sound asleep, snoring a little bit. Cas smiled at the sight and placed his head back on Dean's chest. He knew it was against the rules, but it was Dean who had told him to do it in the first place and not doing as Dean said was also going against the rules. He had his eyes closed, but he was not asleep. His mind was trying to understand Dean. He was a confusing man. First he says he doesn't want a relationship, but he sure treats Cas as if they were in one, then he says no acts of love outside of the sexual act, but here he was, sleeping on Dean's chest with his arm wrapped around him. He didn't understand it and Dean was confusing him, but he liked it.

Suddenly Cas felt Dean shift position and he pulled away only to be pulled back and a tired moan escaped Dean's throat.

"Don't leave me" he said and Castiel placed his head back down in confusion.

A couple of minutes later, Dean's arm lifted from Castiel's body as he stretched himself. He yawned and when he looked down at his chest he jumped out of the couch and stared at Castiel with big eyes and his mouth was wide open.

"What the hell are you doing?" he yelled and Castiel straightened himself up.

"I did as you said" Castiel answered, his head hanging low.

"What?" Dean turned around and wiped his mouth with his hand, even though there was nothing there, he always seemed to do that when he was stressed, then he massaged his temple and turned around back to look at Cas, "Right, uh, you're right... You... Uh, did... good. Now, go to your room and... get changed. Just, casual... I... We... Need to get... I mean... Go out"

Castiel confusingly stood up from the couch and walked into his bedroom. Dean was acting weird, he had been acting like this ever since the first time they did it. Did Dean not like him? Wasn't he good enough for him? Was he only doing this because of the contract? No. He could annul the contract at any time if he wanted to. So, if Dean didn't like him he could just tell him to leave, and he wouldn't have spent that much money on clothes for him if he didn't want him anymore. Castiel's head almost killed him, there was so much going on up in there and he wasn't sure what to make of it all. He slipped into a pair of light blue jeans, a grey t-shirt and his burgundy red hoodie. He was about to walk over and put on his converse when he saw six pair of converse standing at the bottom of the closet. Red, black, green, burgundy red, white and blue, all in Cas' size and he gazed at them. Be bent down and picked up one of the red ones, they were real. He placed it back down and still slipped into his old ones, he liked them better, they were comfortable.

Back in the living room he saw Dean sitting with his head in his hands, shaking it, mumbling something that Castiel couldn't make out. He carefully walked over and Dean's head shot up and he greeted Cas with a smile.

"Ready to go?"

Cas nodded and Dean stood up, he was wearing a pair of worn out jeans, a grey t-shirt, a green shirt and now he put on his brown leather jacket. Castiel looked at him and wondered why he was wearing that many layers of clothing. He shook his head and followed Dean out the apartment door.

     It was Saturday and the sun was shining bright. It was also very, very hot, so Cas had to take off his hoodie, revealing his arms and Dean couldn't stop staring. Something that made Cas feel a little uncomfortable and he wasn't quite sure how to react, so he just smiled at Dean, who bit his lip before smiling back. During this smile exchanging Cas managed to trip over a bag, land face first on the pavement and dragging Dean with him while he was at it. They both laid on the ground, first groaning in pain and Cas checked his nose for blood, when he found out he was clean he looked at Dean who was sitting next to him and both men couldn't help but laugh. Dean was quick on his feet and helped Castiel up.