Chapter 4

Levi watched Eren as he did his best in the training session. Watching this piece of artwork was his escape of reality. Eren was his now. Eren was someone to call his own.

Knowing that humanity's story is only to end in tragedy, there will still be a fairy tale part in his story.

"--oral! Corporal ! ! !" What the? "You've been spacing out..."

"Aa..sorry, Eren." Levi knew that Eren thought he's been thinking about another expedition so he wanted to assure him, "For your information, I'm not thinking about the 60th 'deathmatch'. I've been thinking about who's gonna be the priest at our w---"

"SAY NO MORE, C-CORPORAL ! This is too much!" Eren shouts with the tint of red appearing across his face. "Besides...I'm out of partners..." He says while pointing out to the field of soldiers on their butts and heads, defeated by a fifteen year old.

"You. You've been getting pretty stronger lately. Pair with me." He orders. The brunette wanted to decline but knows all too well, that if he says either yes or no, he'll still beat up as a part of training. The kid nods.

°•~°•~°•~°•~°•~°

They take their places in the middle of the open field. Eren proceeds to a fighting stance, one that Levi taught him personally. The captain sighs and thinks that even with that, his defense is still weak and everything is out in open despite his guards.

With a gust of wind and dust, Levi dashes towards Eren, who, in turn, is shocked to be able to watch the older man move that fast. But oh no he won't let this raven haired man get all the attention of the soldiers.

Before Levi could send a sharp chop to the other's neck, Eren swooped low and kicked Levi's feet BUT he grabs the kid's neck and they fall to the ground together.

With scratches because of the little pebbles, they still fought for the sake of winning. This was not a simple training anymore. The two guys struggled for a grip on each others' bodies.

Luckily, Eren got ahold of Levi's foot. He twists him to face the ground and bends his leg. Please tap out already, Corporal...! I feel bad hurting youuuu but I'll feel worse if you're the one hurting me!!!!!, Eren says to himself.

Levi, possibly seeing through Eren, chuckles. "Hey brat. Why don't we make a deal? Whoever loses," He holds up three fingers. "Has to grant three wishes."

"EH, THA---??!!!"

*fwoosh* *thud*

"You're a hundred years too early to be challenging me, Jaeger." But it was corporal who said we should train...

Great timing, the training and the day ended with the sun going down in colorful hues. Eren and Levi let themselves go back inside last.

"Did it hurt?" Levi questions.

"A little bit." Eren giggles. He suddenly felt warmth. It was only just his beloved corporal holding his hand.

Levi makes Eren lean down and sets the brunette's head on his shoulder. With the other hand intertwined with Eren's, his left patted Eren's head.

"It's almost your birthday."