Chapter 5

Ian

"Can I use the bathroom, Mr. Charles?" Noah's voice pulls me back into reality.

 I was still stressed about what had happened earlier. What in the fuck was I thinking? This kid's going to think I'm a fucking psycho. I couldn't believe I had physically locked the doors of my car, just to ask him a dumb question about a stupid notebook I had started. Why do I even care so much if he saw it? I could have denied the whole thing? Though I didn't want to admit it, I had secretly wished he had read my "notebook", if I could even really call it that. It was more of a journal I had just started keeping. In fact, his name was mentioned a few times it...... HOLY SHIT. 

I jumped out of my seat just in time to catch Noah's head from hitting the ground. The whole class turned and the scene that had just unfolded. Mr. Charles sprang from his seat, startled at the situation.

"Everyone step back!" He yelled, becoming more "teacher-like" than I had ever seen him before.

My stomach started to churn. Was he breathing? Why did I care? Without even thinking, I put my hand on his chest, checking for a heartbeat. That was more muscular than I expected it to be. His heart was beating.

"His pulse is normal." I informed the class. 

Nervous whispers and shrieks had succumbed the classroom when Noah fell, but I was oblivious to it all. Why am I genuinely nervous about this kid well being.

"He needs to get to a nurse." Mr. Charles stressed, "Mr. Pierce, help me lift him will you?

I put my arm around his shoulder, with Mr. Charles doing the same. He didn't weigh that much, and he wasn't a heavy load to carry, but I kept my mouth shut. Why do I want to help carry him? 

My mind was racing with fear, though I couldn't understand why. I barely knew this kid, why did I care so much about him? With my attention elsewhere, Noah began to slip.

"Ian, catch him!" Mr. Charles hollered, sending me into action. I caught him by putting my hand on his "lower-back." I got a boner. 

What in the fucking shit?! I didn't know what that was all about, I had just stopped him from falling by grabbing his big, nice, fuck. Why did I enjoy carrying him? All I wanted to do was put him down, yet, at the same time, all I wanted to do was carry him forever.

Arriving at the nurse's office, Mr. Charles didn't want me to leave until he woke up. He said it was a "reward" for stepping into action so quickly. I was just thankful that I didn't have to make up an excuse just to stay with Noah. I genuinely wanted to stay with him. The nurse diagnosed it as dehydration. She gave him the proper medicine, saying he should be up in no time. 

When he awoke, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. Why was that? 

The rest of that visit was a blur. I couldn't focus. My emotions were overwhelming. Even after I left the office, I couldn't focus right during the remainder of the day. Returning to class, everyone just stared at me, and then returned to doing their work. I couldn't focus on anything, anything but Noah.

Why do I just keep thinking about him? There was no way to comprehend the thoughts I was having for Noah. They were, indescribable.

Even during football practice, which I actually had today, I couldn't stop thinking about Noah. When I tried to throw the football, I ended up just dropping it, and then getting sacked by a Defensive Lineman.

"What the hell are you doing out there Pierce?!" Mr. Jones spit in fury, "Get the hell off the field!"

I wish I could say I cared, but I was too preoccupied with my thoughts. The coach even checked me out for a concussion because of how lost I looked.