Chapter 7

Ian

I hadn't slept all night. Nervous excitement overwhelmed my body and mind. Meaningless things began to seem like they would make or break any chance of having a relationship with Noah. What should I wear? What am I going to ask? What do I say? What if I fuck everything up? I finally couldn't take sitting in bed anymore. I took my shower and got dressed in skinny jeans, and my Letterman jacket. I realized that this was the most effort I had ever put into my looks.

5:09 AM. I could have sworn it was later. Though Noah was obviously not at the school yet, I could just go back to bed, so got in my car and drove to the school. I hadn't ever been so excited to reach my destination, even if my destination was school. Pulling into a spot, I texted Noah.

Ian: Just got here, sry im so early (5:34 AM)

I got out of my car and headed inside the school. It was eerily empty, with almost no-one there. The halls were silent, except for the echo of my footsteps. It was weird to see the school without hundreds of bobbing heads. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Noah: Haha, same actually. Meet me in B101. Mr. Charles isn't here yet. (5:39 AM)

I was thrilled. Noah was already here. I was originally regretting getting here so early, but it turned out to be worth it! I got to spend even more time with him.

I arrived at Mr. Charles's classroom and I cautiously opened the door. Noah was sitting in the back right corner, as usual. He saw me and smiled. God, were his teeth perfect.

"Hey!" Noah cheered. He seemed to be happy to, finally, have company. 

Noah was wearing tight-black jeans, vans, and a long-sleeved navy blue shirt. He wore it flawlessly. Everything he wore was flawless.

"Hey! What's up!" I gushed, hoping my excitement wasn't too obvious.

I sat down next to him and began to unpack my supplies. Taking out my book a notebook (not MY notebook). I looked him in the eyes. He really did have the hottest face imaginable. His dark features gave him a mystical appearance. His jawline could cut glass without even trying. His lips were, well they just were perfect. I realized I had just been spacing out into his eyes. Fuck! I couldn't believe it. Breaking eye contact, I began to start asking my "questions."

"So, uh, what's this whole Cuban Revolution thingy about." I asked, even though I knew the answer to my question. I just wanted to hear him talk.

He started giving me a detailed explanation, but I couldn't focus on it. I was too busy looking at his face. Just the way he talked turned me on. The slight smile on his face when explained something he knew was enough to make me... fuck. I had a "situation" going on down below. 

Not again. I was regretting my choice of skinny-jeans and wished I had a long sweatshirt. Forgetting that Noah was talking, I looked up to see him staring intently at me. I realized he had finished talking.

"So now do you understand why the US government fell guilty to GroupThink?" Noah asked. I felt terrible for spacing out, but I just couldn't focus.

"Uh yeah, it makes sense, thanks so much!" I responded. I glanced at the clock. 6:01. Shit, Noah had been talking for a while.

"So, do you have anything else you want to go over?" Noah asked. Crap, I should have thought of more questions.

"Um, nothing really comes to mind." I stupidly answered. Realizing my mistake just too late, I quickly tried to fix what I had done.