Chapter 6

Trigger Warning!! In this chapter (and in future chapters) violence described in detail may occur.

Noah

What the fuck just happened? Did Ian really just give me his number? As reality set in, I realized that my crush, if I could even call him that, had just given me his number. Not only did I have his number, but we were going to hang out tomorrow!

Though I was thrilled to see him again, I was confused on why he was at this the gym in the first place. I knew he had football practice after school, due to our first day spent together in detention, but I was smart enough to know the locker rooms were on the other side of the school. Could he have followed me here?

The thought of him following me into the gym only spark more questions. Why had he followed me here? Could he know that I had a "thing" for him? I wanted to believe his response to why he was there, but it just didn't make sense.

Maybe it was just my imagination, that I wanted to think he followed me there. I'm being stupid, he just needs help with World History. Even if he had just needed help tutoring, I was glad to spend more time with him. Just the thought of being alone with him, in his bedroom, fuck. I was getting turned on just thinking about it.

Longing to text Ian, already, I sent a quick message to the number he had given me.

Noah: Hey, Just making sure this is working? (6:59 PM)

There was no response. A headache began to form. Had he given me a wrong number? Had he just been messing with me? My phone buzzed. I felt a pang of relief. I checked to see who it was from, but I was pretty sure I knew who it was going to be.

Ian: Yeah it good (7:00 PM)

I just stared at my phone, excitement filling my body. I actually had Ian's number. I didn't have any doubt about my feelings towards him anymore. I liked Ian Pierce. 

After receiving Ian's text, I looked at the time. Fuck! I had completely misjudged how much time I was in the nurse's office. I must have fallen asleep. 

Rushing back to the Nurses office, I got my change of clothes out from under the table. I didn't change in the locker rooms since all the jocks were in there after school because of sports. I just didn't want to have any "unnecessary" trouble with anyone. Putting on my pants, I thought of Ian. They were still damp, and I felt the same sense of embarrassment wash over my body. What if I get aroused over at his house. Though there was a major chance I would, there were larger problems that I had to deal with now. What the fuck am I going to tell my dad? 

I ran home as quick as I could. I was already late, and I knew every second I wasted would be another second of hell at home. Arriving at the front door, I hesitated. Do I really want to go inside? Even if I didn't, I knew I would have to go home at some point, and the longer I was gone, the worse my punishment would be. I quietly opened the front door, praying my father had already fallen asleep. Of course, he was still very awake, and very intoxicated.

"Your l...late." My father slurred, taking another swig from a nearly empty bottle of Gin. It had been unopened when I left for school.

"I'm sorry." I quavered, averting my eyes from his horrifying gaze.

He took a step forward to me, involuntarily making me jump backward.

"Boy...I don't...I don't raise wimps. You gotta be... be a man." My father sputtered out in rage. He grabbed me by the front of the shirt. His breath reeked of alcohol.

"It won't happen again. I swear." I whimpered. Though I had been in this situation before, it never ceased to terrify me.

Without warning, he threw me onto the ground. He then chucked the now empty bottle of gin at me. It shattered on my wrist, causing blood to spurt out of my right arm uncontrollably. I cried out in pain. I felt my eyes start to water up. 

"Don't ever disobey me, boy, EVER AGAIN!" My father yelled, "Now get the hell out of my sight."

I jumped up and ran to my room, bawling. I took off my shirt and wrapped it around my throbbing arm. I could already see it start to bleed through. I ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I looked at the bleeding cuts on my arm, spotting at least 10 of. Luckily, no glass had gotten lodged into them. I started the shower water, getting into it immediately, even though it was frigid.

"Ah!" I cried out. The water hurt when it touched my cuts.

The freezing cold water started to numb the pain. The water was dyed red as it went down the drain. Sadly, my shower already had a red tint to it, because of the amount of time my dad had attacked me. The bleeding slowly subsided, and I was able to dress again. 

There were 13 cuts spanning the whole length of my arm. Reality began to sink in. What was I going to tell Ian? I felt tears beginning to form in my eyes. I didn't want him to know about this, I couldn't let him know about it. I drifted off into an uneasy, restless sleep, dreaming about blood and alcohol, but mostly about Ian.

I awoke to the buzz of my phone. I checked my clock to see what time it was. 3:34 AM. Who the fuck is texting me? I checked my phone and felt the weight on my shoulders immediately disappear.

Ian: Hey do you wanna meet before school too. I really need help with this subject🤣, wanna meet at like 6, at the school (3:34 AM)

I felt a new sense of excitement. I was going to be with Ian before, during, and even after school!

Noah: Sure! When should I go to your house after school? (3:35 AM)

Ian almost immediately responded to my text.

Ian: We could just drive there together (3:35 AM)

Noah: Cool, see you then! (3:37 AM)

I knew there would be no point in going back to bed, I got up, got dressed, snuck out of the house, and went for a jog. I couldn't wait until 6 o'clock.

Hey guys! Sorry about the false lead, I wasn't planning on putting this chapter here, but I felt like it was essential to the plot of the story. Sorry, this one was darker, but I promise the next one will make up for it. I just want to clarify something. If you or someone you know if getting abused at home, DO NOT do what Noah is doing. Talk to a trusted adult immediately, because I promise, they will make it better. Hope Y'all are liking the book so far!