Chapter 8

UPDATE: I changed a small part in chapter 7. Noah had originally told Ian that his dad had hit him. I have no idea why I wrote that because Ian would have never let Noah walk out of the bathroom to go with his dad with that information. Noah now told Ian he had gotten into a fight, not specifying who. This is VERY important considering what is to come. Thanks again for reading this far!!

Ian:

I didn't have any regrets. I had so much to fear about what had just happened; yet, I wasn't worried at all. I felt a strange sense of trust for Noah. He had just confided in me about his feeling for me, and I had done the same. Thoughts like what if he tells someone and what if someone finds out seemed minuscule compared to the moment I had just shared with Noah.

The sensation of his head on my chest still lingered, as if I could reach down to him at any moment. While I had hugged him, all my worries went away. Everything in my life seemed to have paused. It felt like the world was ours to conquer, and we would do it together. God did it feel good to finally hug him.

I knew he would have questions, I just hoped I would have answers for him. There were questions that I didn't even know the answer too myself. I just hoped we would still be able to hang out later.

Looking at the clock, I realized class would start in five minutes. I really had hugged him for a long time. Hoping to, finally, be on time, I rushed to B101. Opening the door, I scanned the classroom. Noah was not yet there. I found my way to the back of the room and glued my eyes to the door. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes. Noah hadn't come into the classroom yet. The bell rang out. Noah still wasn't here. 

"May I have your attention for attendance, please." Mr. Charles started.

He started reading out the list of names, finally getting to Noah's name.

"Noah Fay?" Mr. Charles asked. No one responded.

"Mr. Pierce, do you know where Mr. Fay has gone?" Mr. Charles questioned, obviously confused as to why Noah wasn't here.

"Umm, he's at the nurse's office. I was supposed to check on him, can I?" I lied. In reality, I was just as confused, and slightly concerned, as to why Noah wasn't in the classroom.

"Sure, be back in five minutes." Mr. Charles stated. He was such a strict teacher.

Instead of going to the nurse's office, I headed over to the front office. Walking inside, I went up to the lady sitting at the front desk.

"How may I help you." She bubbled with a smile.

"Umm, hi. Do you know if Noah Fay had left earlier?" I asked, my voice shaking. I was horrible at talking to adults.

"Hmmm, I think he left with his dad." She chattered. 

"Um, well thanks." I mumbled. Why hadn't Noah told me about this?

While walking back to class, I realized I had Noah's phone number. Why didn't I just text him? Feeling stupid, I started typing out a text message. Pressing send, I eagerly awaited an answer.

Ian: Hey where did ya go (7:37 AM)

I waited for his reply feeling anxious. I was getting worried about him. Finally, he responded.

Noah: I had some doctors appointment my dad just now told me about. Sorry. (7:41 AM)

Feeling relief, I texted him back.

Ian: Are we still on for tonight? (7:41 AM)

Noah: Yeah, should I just wait by your car after school. (7:42 AM)

Ian: Sure (7:42 AM)

I was thrilled he wasn't pissed at me, but I had a strange feeling in my stomach. Something didn't feel right, but I ignored my instincts.

The rest of the day seemed to fly by. I couldn't really focus on anything. During lunch, I was acting weird enough that even Jasper noticed.

"Dude, are you like, high or something?" Jasper asked. I indeed was high, though not the kind he was thinking of.

"Naw bro, just excited for... the game on Friday." I replied. 

He looked at me funny, but then looked away, leaving me to think about my plans later that day in silence.

When the final bell rang out, I jumped from my seat, nearly shoving over the girl next to me. Running down the hallways, I realized this was the most excited I had been this whole year! I couldn't wait to see Noah again, but I was scared. I hoped he didn't hate me because of our morning together.

Seeing Noah by my car, I started to slow down. I didn't want him to realize how giddy I was. Looking at him, leaning slightly against my car, I felt my heart squeeze. He looked so damn hot.

"Hey!" I cheered. God, I hope he doesn't realize how excited I am.

"Hey." Noah said as he smiled. His perfect teeth seemed to gleam as he looked at me. 

I looked right into his eyes. His eyes looked like a pool of chocolate, with stones of jade encrusting the outside of his eyes. I wanted to get lost inside his eyes. They were mesmerizing.

Realizing I had been staring at him, I quickly regained my posture.

"So, should we head over to my house?" I asked.

"Yeah." Noah responded, opening the door no my car.

Pulling out of the school parking lot, I noticed there was a splotch of fresh blood on the front of Noah's shirt. 

"Where did that come from?" I questioned, more forcefully then I intended.

"Umm, I just slipped." Noah said sheepishly. I looked at him, looking to see if he was lying. It didn't appear like he was.

"I'm sorry." I responded, not knowing what else to say.

"It's not your fault." Noah responded. Why was it anyone's fault?

We were driving to my house in near silence when Noah finally broke it.

"What happened earlier in the bathroom?" Noah blurted out. I had been expecting this question, though I hadn't expected it so soon.

"What do you mean?" We both knew what he meant, but I was too shy to admit it.

"Uhh, well, just... never mind. Forget I asked." Noah hesitated, clearly embarrassed.

"No, wait." I started, "I'm sorry. I'm just not good at this stuff."

Noah just looked at me, with only one question in his eyes. I knew what he was going to say even before he said it.

"Do you... feel the same way about me?" Noah whispered. I could see his longing for my answer.

I stayed silent, doubting my voice. Noah looked at me, his patience starting to waver. I knew I needed to give him an answer.

"I... uh... well I do, I think, I don't know." I responded, "I'm not gay though, but... I like you." I realized how idiotic I sounded. I'm not gay but I like you? What the fuck did that even mean? Noah broke my string of thoughts.

"I... I just haven't really felt this way about anyone before." 

I felt my stomach start to do flip-flops,

"I... I know what you mean." I muttered, glancing shyly at him. Our gazes met, and what I saw only confirmed my previous statement. Without even thinking, I put my hand on Noah's thigh, keeping the other hand on the wheel. His breath started to increase. I hope he doesn't realize how nervous I am.

We drove the rest of the car ride in complete silence, except for Noah's soft breathing, and my very loud heartbeat.

Hey guys!! I am SOOO sorry for the major delay in posting. A huge test has taken the majority of my time, so I am sorry for the delay. I promise to post more often now that the test is outa my way. Hope Y'all are liking the book so far, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter. It'll be told from Noah's POV. Love you all!!!