Chapter 11

Noah:

"Help me." I sobbed. The river of tears that I had just recently stopped was starting back up again. 

Ian looked shocked. He pulled my trembling body into the nearest bathroom. It was the same bathroom where I had confessed to Ian my feelings towards him. 

Now sheltered from the outside, Ian pulled me closer to him. My body seemed to give out against his, as I started sobbing uncontrollably.

"What do you mean help me?" Ian murmured protectively, "Help you from what?" 

I didn't want to meet his eyes. I knew I had to tell him the truth, but in doing so, I would revile that I lied to him.  

"I...I didn't get into a fight." I sniffled. "Well, I did, just not with another kid. My dad hit me in the eye and made the cuts on my arm. He... he hurts me."

Ian was quiet. I couldn't help but think it was my fault. Why did I have to be such a fucking wimp?

"I get if you don't want to be with me anymore." I wailed, "I lied to you, and you have every reason in the world to leave me."

"Hey, don't say that." Ian cooed. His voice was the only sound in the world that could make me feel safe.

Ian pulled me in tighter. It was like a repeat of the morning he had together. If only my father hadn't fucked up my day.

"You are not going home with him." Ian sternly demanded. 

I looked up at him, seeing the concern he had written on his face. I felt horrible for bringing him into my family matters. No one deserved to live with my dad. Everyone eventually learned that.

"Ok." I responded quietly, burying my head into his chest. I could feel my emotions start to subside, and my center of attention became Ian's beating heart. The warning bell blazed through the bathroom like a shrieking siren.

"We should go." I announced, breaking our embrace while wiping the tears from my eyes.

Ian looked at me in the eyes, seeming to want to stay. Though I also wanted to stay in his strong embrace, I knew I couldn't. We walked silently back to Mr. Charles classroom, arriving just before the tardy bell.

Ian: I have football practice tonight but you can stay over after (11:43 AM)

I was in the middle of English when Ian had texted me. I was planning on staying in the gym after school anyway, so it wasn't a problem for me. I couldn't wait to spend another night alone with Ian.

Noah: Yeah, I'll be in the gym doing gymnastic stuff. Where should I meet you after practice? (11:46 AM)

Ian: I'll meet you in the gym (11:46 AM)

Thank god Ian was going to go to me. Even though I didn't want to admit it to him, I wasn't comfortable with going into the guy's locker room with the football team in there. I just didn't fit in.

As the ending bell rang out, I went to my gym locker to grab the extra change of clothes I had stashed inside. I couldn't wait until 6:30 (the end of Ian's football practice).

4 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock. The time seemed to drag on. Finally, the doors opened behind me, and I turned around with delight.

"Ian...." I started, but the man behind me wasn't Ian. He was a man I was far too familiar with. 

"Where the fuck were you boy!" My father screamed. He was twitching with anger and reeking of beer.

"I...I" My voice failed me. I was frozen with fear. How had he known where to look for me? Had someone told him?

Without waiting for me staggered response, my father struck my cheek with his left hand. His ring had cut through my skin, already forming a pool of blood. I was writhing in agony, moaning in pain.

"No one's here to help you now, bitch." My father breathed into my face. His horrid breath made my whole body tense up. For the third time today, I was bawling my eyes out. I apologized over and over, but he didn't seem to care.

"Your gonna pay for this one boy." My father threatened. I'm fucked.

The doors suddenly opened behind my father. He turned around with a start, to see none other than Ian Pierce behind him.

Ian's smile turned into a panic expression the second he saw me on the floor.

"Noah!" He yelled, springing to my side. I couldn't do anything but smile at him. Thank god he was finally here. Realizing I was alright, or at least alive, he turned towards my father. His body language showed his undiluted rage towards my father in that instance.

"What in the fuck did you do to him!" Ian shot at my father. To say he was pissed off would be putting it lightly.

"Looks like your boyfriend's come to the rescue. Of course, a pansy like you would need another man to fight your battles." My father jeered. Though my father knew nothing of our relationship, it seemed to have hit to close to home for Ian.

"Listen here asshole, if you late another finger on Noah, I will personally beat the living shit out of you." Ian swore at my father, getting in his face.

My father did the unexpected. He turned and started to walk away, leaving Ian and me alone. 

"Fuck Noah, are you Ok?" Ian questioned. His fear seemed to be overwhelming.

I couldn't do anything but nod. I was still numb from my encounter with my father. Ian pulled me into a protective hug, just as the doors opened, yet again, from behind Ian. Quickly standing up, he looked to see who had barged in on us. 

Standing in the doorway was none other than Jasper.

Hey guys! I promise the next chapter won't be as big off a cliffhanger. I know this is a shorter one, but I believe the next one will be a bit longer. There are also A LOT OF hints to later chapters, revolving around Noah's childhood and at home life. Please carefully read for them, as it may get confusing if you don't. Love you all, and comment down below how you think Ian will respond to Jasper seeing him hugging Noah, or if you think Jasper arrived late enough to have missed the whole scenario. 

❤🧡💛💛💚💙💜🖤