Twenty

♡♡♡

When I wake the next day, I find my breakfast waiting for me.

When I pad over to the door, stretching my arms and yawning, I find another strange surprise. My door is unlocked. That hardly ever happens. And if it does, it's always an accident.

Forgetting about my untouched toast, I open the door ajar to see if anyone is around. The house is unbearably silent. I'm used to loud voices and motorbike engines every morning. If no one is around, this could be my chance. I still need to find something for my father. I want to find some type of evidence that could actually be used to bring The Razors down.

I'd been informed by Andy that dad has transferred the money. Now it's just a waiting game for me.

I walk over to the large windows in the lounge room, the ones facing into the remainder of the property. A few members are passing hall bales between each other, moving them into the horse stable. Other than that, no one is around.

I walk away from the window before anyone notices me. The last thing I need is to spend the day alone locked up in my room, especially if no one is home. As much as I don't like to say it, Ridge's company is better than no company.

I walk back down the hallway, towards the room that has been turned into Hunter's private hospital. When I go to turn the handle, the door doesn't open. It's locked.

I groan, shaking the handle in anger. I walk further down the hall, past Andy's room. I've never ventured this far, mostly because I've never been allowed to.

Next to Andy's room is another door, much smaller. It looks to be the size of a cupboard. Eyeing it suspiciously, I go to turn the handle, expecting it to be locked like most of the rooms in this house. But when I turn the handle, it opens.

The door creaks loudly, making me cringe. When I step forward, looking inside, I'm shocked to see that it isn't a cupboard at all. It's a stairway, leading down into darkness.

I can't hear any sound as I step inside, closing the door behind me and plunging myself into darkness. I keep both my hands on either wall, gliding down the steps one at a time slowly, making sure I don't trip and make a loud sound. I don't need anyone finding me and realising what I'm doing.

One of my hands would land on a light switch. I squint when it first lights up the room, my eyes adjusting. The stairs creak under my weight and I cringe.

Reaching the last step, I glance around and don't see anything unusual. It's a rather large basement, about the size of two master bedrooms combined. It's completely empty, except for several boxes that are stacked floor-to-ceiling on the left side of the room.

My bare feet land on the cold concrete and I shiver, wondering what the point of this is. What a waste of space. I can imagine having a really cool space down here where you can just sit back and relax. But no, apparently Andy just needs it for boxes. Heaps of...

"Holy shit," I say.  I'm standing in front of the wall of boxes, pulling one away and peeking inside.

No wonder this room is empty. Andy isn't just using it as storage.

"Drugs. It's a drug room," I whisper, grinning. It's a weird emotion to feel in a situation like this. I should probably sound more shocked, but honestly, this is great.

I wish I had a phone on me right now so that I could record my findings. Unfortunately, that isn't possible. As soon as I get off out of here, I am going to tip the police off.

I place the box on the floor, sitting down on the concrete next to it. I reach inside, pulling out one of the many bags full of white powder.

"Heroin?" I question, quietly. My knowledge of drugs is limited, which would usually be a good thing. Right now, I wish more than ever that my father had let me in on the family secret. I could have some idea of what I'm dealing with right now if I had been.

I look into the box to see that it's full to the brim. Bags are stuffed down the sides as well. They haven't left any free space in here.

How much money would Andy make for this?

I place the white powdered bag back inside the box, suddenly growing conscious about the fact that my fingerprints are now on it. It won't matter though, not when I told the police what Andy has hidden. He's going down for this.

Andy might think that he's gotten away with kidnapping me, but he doesn't even know what's about to hit him.