Prologue Two

Arnav opened his eyes feeling disorientated, The left side of his head throbbing painfully. He looked around to find himself in a room, different equipments attached to his body.

"Where am I?" Arnav asked no one in particular, His voice cracking with the effort, barely above a whisper.

"Bhai.." He heard Akash's voice, He craned his head a little to look at his brother standing by his side.

"Khushi.. Where's she?" Arnav croaked, The happenings of the last few days and that of the cliff came back to him with full force "She's fine right?"

"Bhai.. You need to rest." Akash said softly, tears shining in his eyes

"I.. I will rest, Just tell me if she's fine. Please" Arnav pleaded.

"She.. Khushi-"

"Khushi what? Tell me!!" Arnav asked terror seeping through his body "Tell me is she Okay?"

"Bhai, Please go to sleep"

"I beg of you Akash, What happened to her?" Arnav clutched Akash's hand.

Akash sighed "A passerby noticed you lying unconscious near the cliff, and called the police. The police then contacted the family before taking you to the hospital, You suffered a nervous breakdown. NK bhai said that Khushi was with you, And asked the police to look for her, We looked for her in everyone of the neighbouring areas, Finally.." Akash dropped his voice to a whisper, "Her dead body was found in the jungle. We did a few DNA tests to confirm that It's.. It's her body"

"It's not funny Akash, Tell me the truth. She's in the hospital as well right?" Arnav asked, His heart thudding violently "She's just hurt. She.. is getting treated right?"

"Bhai.. Please, It's not good for you." Akash whispered looking worryingly at the heart-rate monitor "Please.. Just sleep"

"I can't.. Tell me she's fine!" Arnav screamed, Tears ran down his face

"She's not!" Akash sobbed "I can't keep you under an illusion."

Arnav smiled slightly. "Of course, It's her idea. Her idea of a prank right? She wants to get back to me for behaving badly with her. She's.. Akash tell her that I'm sorry. She'll come out. She'll come to me and once.. she does I'll apologise to her as well.. Please.. Please tell her to stop with this prank" Arnav pleased, Rasping uncontrollably.

"No one's pranking you!!" Akash grabbed his shoulder and shook Arnav "No one. Do you hear me. This isn't a prank"

"She's gone?" Arnav asked, His voice lower than a whisper.

"I'm sorry Bhai!" Akash whispered looking at his brother's distraught form.

"But.. Our hearts, They're.. One" Arnav whispered

"She's no more bhai!" Akash whispered hugging him for dear life.

"She can't go" He mumbled, "She.. cant.. leave me"

"Chotte" Anjali touched Arnav's shoulder, Arnav looked at her with blank eyes causing her to flinch

"Khushi's here" She informed. Arnav didn't react, Anjali sighed.

"You are her husband, her last rites need to be done by you" She told Arnav, A lone tear rolled down his cheek.

"Leave me alone" Arnav spat coldly.

"Chotte.. Please" Anjali whispered, Tears forming in her eyes.

"Her soul will never be able to rest in peace chotte, Only you can help her attain her peace. At least go and see her"

"I can't"

"Chotte.. for your Khushi, Go and see her for the last.. last time" Anjali tried to convince her brother

Arnav looked at his sister, A vast sea of pain clearly evident in his chocolate brown eyes. Anjali's heart contorted in unbound pain on witnessing her ever-so-strong brother visibly breaking into pieces on losing the reason for his existence. She pulled him into her arms.

"Di.." Arnav collapsed into Anjali's arms sobbing like a baby "Di.. It was.. all.. all.. my fault."

"Chotte.. No! No Chotte.. It wasn't."

"It.. It was.. My fault. She was there to save me!! She is not with me now.. It's my.. my fault." Arnav sobbed

"Shhh Chotte.. Calm down!"

"I never even told her how much I loved her, I always caused her pain.. Only pain." He continued.

Anjali cupped his face and wiped his tears, "Chotte, Khushi-ji would never want to see you this way." She whispered.

"She will never.. forgive.. me.. for what.. whatever I.. I did to her" Arnav sobbed

"She was the owner of a golden heart chotte.. And that heart loved you to bits. She has already forgiven you." Anjali assured him

"You think so?" Arnav asked sniffing innocently

"I know so"

"I need to go to the office" Arnav whispered suddenly getting to his feet

"Chotte.. Khushi-ji-"

"Because of me.. She never got her deserved Grah-Pravesh, Let me give her the Vidaayi she deserves." Arnav said softly

Anjali nodded

"Will you do me a favour?" Arnav asked, Anjali nodded.

"Get all of Mumma's jewellery out. I want to dress her up like a bride, on my own." Arnav said

Anjali nodded

"We'll give her a grand farewell" Arnav whispered.

"We'll give her a very.. very grand farewell chotte" Anjali assured

So.. Partner In Crime.

No one guessed who it was even? I'M SO ANNOYED. Of course except my Kavi Di. Who of course is right. ❤❤❤😘😘

So.. I know I've ended this chapter on a very sad note, I'm sorry for the gloomyish start.

I'm hoping that the third prologue however brightens things up. Hopefully 🤞

So.. Partner In Crime, AKA @AryaARshi Although I know that you've red this chapter earlier as well.. But you know I'm a greedy ass- Aman 😉😉 So tell me How did you like it?

How did you like it, Do let me know through your precious comments.

Excellent
Good
Bad
Not Bad

Vote
Comment
Follow [For More]

Love
Vinny