Chapter Eight

Khushi was sitting in the lawn area adjoining the Fashion Department of Indraprasth Institute of Fashion and Fine Arts. She was watching something on her tablet when someone tapped her shoulder. She yelped in surprise, taking a defensive stance on instinct.

"O- Woah! It's just me, Jane.. don't murder me please." Jane stepped a little away from her best friend.

"Jay.. You scared the sh*** out o' me. Class over?" Khushi asked curiously as Jane settled on the freshly trimmed grass next to her.

Jane nodded, "I missed you. Why didn't you come?

Khushi smiled apologetically, "I.. wasn't in the mood for Professor Vishal's boring lecture on the HISTORY OF THE ART OF FASHION DESIGNING, I was in the library .

Jane smiled, "It happens. I got notes so you'll not have to worry about missing out either. I'll lend you mine. Did you see the others?" She asked

Khushi shook her head, "Just that Khadoos Singh Raizada, He was in the library for a while too.

Jane almost chuckled, "What did Arnie do now?

Khushi frowned, "Nothing." She said confused, then realising why jane asked the question, she added "I just like to call him Khadoos Singh Raizada, 'cause of reasons?

Jane laughed.

"You and Arnie are the human embodiment of Tom and Jerry." Jane said 

"No."

"Yes you are. You always keep fighting, yet if you don't see each other for one day, you'll probably start to panic." Jane said teasingly.

"Nothing like that." Khushi said as a tinge of pink coloured her cheeks.

"Aww are you blushing K?" Jane squealed. Khushi glared at her. "Okay.. I'm stopping. I'm stopping."

Khushi smiled.

They sat like that for a few minutes, "Bambolina, are you okay?" Jane asked Khushi who promptly nodded in affirmation.

"Why?"

"You're just really quiet. You're not sick or something right? You didn't pull another all-nighter did you?" Jane asked anxiously

"No.. God no. I'm just homesick I guess. Missing my Mum and Dad." Khushi said in a quiet voice. "Mum's a little down on the health side."

Jane held her hand, "Is everything okay?"

Khushi nodded. "Yeah, it's all good. It's probably just a flu or something. I'm just restless because she is handling everything alone.

"I've always been around her even when Kartik and Dad weren't. When Kartik went off to Harvard Business School for his education, when Dad had to travel due to business, I was always there and now.. I'm here because of her stubbornness and I'm just really worried." Khushi said sadly.

Jane pulled her into a hug. "It's okay, Mumma will be fine alright. You don't have to worry. Let's meet the others in the cafeteria."

"We have class Jay." Khushi sighed.

Jane shook her head, "It's Tuesday bambolina. No class before lunch hour." She reminded her.

Khushi's eyes immediately brightened.