Chapter Ten

Khushi groaned, "Jesus Christ, Kartik. I'm on the verge of boarding flight to New York and personally murder the life out of you!!" She snapped at Kartik's digital projection on the laptop.

Khushi scowled, Kartik sighed "Okay, kiddo I'm sorry. Quit scowling and give me a smile. This is definitely not the face I want you to have when I'm millions of miles away." Kartik laughed, "It's a guilty pleasure, messing with you and riling you up. You are already getting too much pampering from the Raizadas. Someone needs to make sure you remain grounded." He said, still chuckling softly.

Khushi's lips broke out a small smile. "Is mumma better now? I talked to her earlier, but you know she's mom! You can never tell with her. " She asked

Kartik nodded, "She's getting better. Dad's planning to take her out on a vacation. It'll probably cheer her up." He informed his sister.

Khushi nodded, "Don't hesitate from taking the credit, brother dearest. We both know Dad has lost the ability to surprise mom any longer." She smirked.

Kartik snickered. "I wish I could take credit this time. Dad actually managed to surprise us his time. He made all the arrangements in secret. I literally came to know by accident." He told her.

Khushi's muth formed a cute O, as she stared at the screen mildly surprised.

"Close your mouth kiddo, a fly or worse a mosquito will enter your mouth, then you'll be left gagging and coughing." Kartik quipped.

Khushi closed her mouth and pouted. "Anything else?"

"Not really. Oh, I just renembered.. there is a talk in the office, about promoting me." Kartik informed her.

"That's crazy! Congratulations Kartik." Khushi squealed excitedly.

"Slow down kid, there's a catch." Kartik added, causing Khushi to frown.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I'll be asked to join a different office, in a completely different country." Kartik said, clearly not excited at the prospect.

Khushi nodded, "Have you told Mumma and Dad?" She asked.

"Not yet. I'll talk to them soon, hopefully after the HR guys tell me where they plan to send me off to." Kartik said softly.

"You can refuse the transfer, can't you?"

"I don't want to. It's too good of an opportunity to let go." Kartik told her. "Besides, I don't think I'll have a choice. I'll lose the chance at a promotion, if I don't get transferred."

"I know. But cheer up Kartik, it's AR. They're the best." Khushi said, her voice regaining her old excitement.

Kartik nodded, " Says the apple of the eye of the Raizada siblings, and by extention even the RAIZADA FAMILY." He teased "Are you sure you're not biased? Or worse, in love?"

"Who'd I be in love with?" Khushi asked

"That's for you to know kiddo. Tell me now if there's someone special in the picture." Kartik said mischievously.

Khushi blushed slightly. "There is no one. I am not biased either. They really are the best."

"I'm messing with you kid, AR is indeed the best, that's what made me stick around for four long years." He sighed "I hope I can convince Dad and Mom to move with me."