Chapter Three

The Small family of four stepped into The Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi after a tiring travel of Sixteen hours, and got busy in collecting their baggages. The airport was unexpectedly crowded that day.

What's with the crowd?” Aron asked frowning.

This is the country's capital, It's a busy place most of the times.” Jane reasoned.

But.. It's unusually crowded today, I reckon there's something going on.” Lavanya said

They walked upto the entrance, And were stopped by the security personnel.

I'm sorry sir, You'll have to wait here.” He said in a professional tone.

What's happening here?”  NK asked

The HRD Minister Mr. Prakash Javdekar is going to be here in a few more minutes, Thus the security arrangements are a little tight. You have to wait for at least half an hour by the time his security team gives us a green signal.” He explained in a calm voice.

Oh, Well. Let's go the waiting lounge for a bit then.” Lavanya said. NK nodded in agreement.

In the Waiting Lounge,

Mum, I am going to the bookshop to leaf through a few books.” Jane informed her mother.

Don't go too far.” NK warned.

Daddy, I'm not a child.” Jane pouted.

I am not going to clear that misunderstanding of yours, for you should remain oblivious to the truth.” Nk winked. Jane made a crying face, whilst her parents chuckled at her.

Go now.” Lavanya pushed her towards the bookshop.

I'll just tell Aman Jiju about the delay, Or else everyone will get worried unnecessarily.” NK said mostly to himself taking his mobile out of his Jacket.

But anyway, I suppose Akash must've sent the car and the driver already.” Lavanya said

Jane was surfing through Coelho's books in the bookshop, A couple books already tucked under her right arm.

Where in God's name is ‘The Alchemist?’ The owner had so confidently exclaimed ‘Iss dukaan mein saari Kitaabein milengi madam!!’ [You'll find every single book in this shop] All liars!!” Jane exclaimed irritated

She heard someone chuckling, “Here you go. Here's your ‘THE ALCHEMIST’ Actually, This was the last copy which I had taken, But I remembered later on that I already have a first edition copy of this one.” A girl with long brown hair reaching her lower back, big doe shaped hazel brown eyes stood right next to her holding the book out for her.

Thank you very much.” Jane smiled taking the book from her “Actually this is the only book missing from my collection

The girl smiled back. “It's alright, I already have this one. So I'm not doing you a favour.

But, I still owe you this one.” Jane said “Maybe this way we'll meet again

I would love to meet you again!.” The girl replied shaking Jane's hand.

I'll have to rush back. My parents must be waiting for me” Jane said “By the way, I don't think we know each other's names

I for one don't recollect telling you mine. I'm Khushi, Khushi Katherine Greene.” Khushi introduced herself.