Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Just like they anticipated, Elys was jumping up and down between Jai and Lyv as they walked down Penrose, the main road that ran through the capital city of Ayveri. Both of them held onto one of his hands or else he would have more than likely bounced away. He was excited to see all the new things the city had neither Ethran nor Escarral did, making Lyv promise to take him everywhere once they settled in. Sherine's was on that list since Lyv had apparently told him all about the fairy-run bakery and their delicious chocolate mousse cheesecake.

Posy was just as excited to be back, though she was a little blue to be leaving Escarral...mostly because of another pixie who stayed with Bence. Of course, she would see Jett again, though. She sat on Lyv's shoulder, eagerly pointing in the direction of the palace. She had a room on a bookshelf to get back to, which Lyv already promised a new flower for it to cheer her up and a trip to the pixie store to buy her some new things.

"Look over there!" Elys called out, letting go of Lyv's hand to point at one of the toy shops Jai had already promised to take him to. "Can we go now, please?"

"Come on, kid," Jai said to Elys, lifting him up into his arms. "Not that we don't want to show you around the city, but we've got somewhere to be and people for you to officially meet."

"Yes! We can go later," he crooned, throwing a fist into the air into excitement. Jai knew him well enough now to notice the nervousness that began creeping over him, too. "I finally get to meet Eamon! And Archer's on his way, too, though not for a few more months."

Jai raised a brow in question. "Who's Archer?"

"You'll see!" Elys glanced over at Lyv before lowering his voice to a whisper. "I would tell you all the crazy stuff we're going to get into when we're older...but Lyv would more than likely lock me up and throw away the key."

Jai couldn't help but snort out a laugh, especially when Lyv looked over in confusion.

"What?" she asked, stepping closer to his side before her fingers wrapped around his arm.

He shook his head as Elys grinned. "Don't know. The kid won't tell me anything."

Their progress toward the palace was slow, only because they were stopped every few feet by everyone wanting to welcome them back. Of course, Elys introduced himself, though the rumors of everything that happened with the young Seer of Ikreus finally found their way across dark, choppy waters of the Whelm from Ethran. Finally, Jai let them all know they had to get home, but promised a day to go see them all again.

Lyv's hand tightened on his arm in nervousness when they finally reached the palace. Jai didn't realize how much he'd missed being home because he already felt like he was there with Lyv. Coming back on better terms with her than they'd been on made it even more special.

The courtyard was bustling with everyone coming out to meet them, but there were only a few Jai focused on as they walked out of the ornate double doors and quickly went down the stone steps.

Jai set Elys on his feet before rushing forward. His father and mother were the ones he went for first and they were just as eager to get to him, too. Alexea, of course, got to him the quickest, wrapping her arms securely around him before Emmeric did the same.

His mother didn't want to seem to let go as she kissed Jai's cheek before pulling back slightly to look at him. "Gods above, it's so good to have you back home, darling," she told him.

His father nodded, smiling at him. "It's be quieter around here, but Eamon's tried his best to create as much chaos as he could to live up to your standards."