Chapter 10

I wake up and find myself lying on the ground of the Salvatore’s living room. I’m surprisingly comfortable and I lift my head up to realize that it’s because I’m not actually on the ground. My head is resting on Damon’s toned chest as it rises and falls in his sleep.

His arm is wrapped securely around my waist and I pull the blanket up to my neck, nuzzling closer to him. I smile when I think back to last night. Neither of us held back and it was amazing. Things are definitely going to change. This wasn’t like the drunken kiss we shared months ago. This wasn’t like the confession night in my bedroom recently. This was so much more and I’m so happy it happened.

I snap back to reality when I feel movement underneath me.

“Hmm…good morning.” Damon’s voice growls as he sits up, leaning back on his elbows.

I roll over to face him and he gives me a lazy smile.

He rubs his eyes before speaking again. “Hey, listen, Stefan texted me last night. I gotta go with him to do something real quick. We’ll be back at Elena’s when we’re done.” He says and I realize that whatever he’s doing with Stefan is vampire related but I’d rather not tag along on this one.

“Okay.” I smile and he leans down to kiss me.

“Last night was amazing.” He whispers with a wink and I blush.

He stands up, pulling the blanket with him. I gasp when it leaves my body and I yank him back down. I’d rather not be left completely naked on his living room floor.

“Sorry.” He smiles as he waits for me to stand up with him. He tosses me another blanket before wrapping his around him and exiting the room.

I let out a sigh of relief as a huge smile spreads across my face.

DAMON’S POV

Yesterday was crap, but I wouldn’t have traded it’s ending for anything. All this time spent watching my brother fight for love…do everything for love, while I kept messing up. I finally did something right. I got the girl. Now I just hope I don’t screw that up.

The only downside to yesterday…well, aside from being attacked at a coffee shop…Elena apparently spent the whole day with Katherine. Katherine explained that she turned herself into a vampire to avoid being a part of the sacrifice for the curse.

She also said that the ritual requires the sacrifice of the doppleganger, a vampire, and a werewolf, along with a witch to do the spell. That’s why Katherine turned Caroline and triggered Tyler’s werewolf curse. It’s also why she never did anything to Bonnie.

The little bitch also told Elena that Klaus got his revenge by killing everyone Katherine cared about, which sent Elena into a panic.

I walk with Stefan down to the tomb and we stop in front of the door, looking at each other.

“Let’s do it.” I say as he and I walk over, grabbing the stone door. “1, 2, 3.” I count and we pull the door away from the tomb entrance.

***

I stand behind Stefan as he knocks on Elena’s front door. She pulls the door open and I smile when I see Ashley standing behind her.

“Hey. Uh, can we talk?” Stefan asks Elena.

“Why?” She asks.

“We went to see Katherine.” I speak up and she nods in understanding.

“Come on in.” She opens the door wider and we both walk inside.

***flashback***

After we open the door, we walk up to the entrance, leaning on either side of the opening. I watch as Katherine comes around the corner. She looks like hell.