Chapter 1

first chapter of my Hyakkimaru x Reader book. if you find any grammar or spelling mistakes throughout this book, or have any ideas you would like to share then you're free to comment them anytime you like.

 I work with constructive criticism, so feel free to comment any changes i could make to make this book better in any type of way. 

you can also DM me if you'd like. for example if you have an idea or if there's anything you find offensive within this book. 

and also i will put disclaimers in every chapter if there is something to watch out for. like for example detailed gore or smut that maybe should not be read by younger audiences. 

i may also add a few lemons if i can. 

DISCLAIMER: i do not own any of the characters in the anime series or the anime series itself. i only own the 'reader' character and the plot i make. all right goes to the rightful owner. 

~I hope you enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little thing was so fascinating to the blind boy. The h/c fur was as smooth as silk, even if the cat seemed to be strayed on the streets. 

The cat had a soul that Hyakkimaru didn't fully understand. It was a weird mix between red and gold. At first glance the boy almost mistook the little creature for an evil being, but the little sparks of gold from the life form proved him wrong.

The poor cat was stuck in a tree with many wild dogs at the bottom. Therefore, Hyakkimaru jumped into the tree and safely got the cat down, with a lot of nagging from his young companion to help the poor creature that seemed to be defenceless. 

"it likes you Aniki!" the little girl known as Dororo says excitedly. The boy just stared at the cat in confusion as it stroked itself to his prosthetic leg. He kneels down to the little being and starts stroking its head as gently as he can. The cat meows happily and starts leaning into his fake hand.

"it's very pretty and well-groomed to be a stray cat," Dororo points out, "that's a little weird don't you think Aniki?". Hyakkimaru does nothing more than give a slight shrug while continuing to stroke the soft fur of the being.

"maybe it's the cat of a mighty lord or something like that!" the young child exclaimed. The blind boy merely ignored his companions' ideas and focused on the soul of the weird creature before him. It was unlike anything he had seen before. The red colour was a clear sign of danger, but he didn't feel threatened at all. And then the gold specks amongst the red. It confused him.

The cat eventually jumped onto Hyakkimaru's shoulder and stroked its cheek against his. Dororo just giggled and started to stroke its head like Hyakkimaru had previously done a few minutes ago. The cat merely purred in reply.

The two travellers looked at each other in wonder on what to do with the stray feline that had taken a liking to the two.

"maybe we can take it with us?" Dororo suggested, "although, it'll be way too dangerous for it..." Hyakkimaru just looked at the cat perched on his shoulder, purring at his touch.

They sat in silence just petting the cat, until they heard a twig snap nearby. Hyakkimaru swiftly stood up, forcing the cat to jump off his shoulder and onto the ground.

"who's there!" Dororo yelled in slight panic. No answer was heard. The blind soul seeing boy looked around but came up with nothing.

"aww, why'd you stop?" a whiny female voice said from behind the two. They both spun around to the source of the voice to find a somewhat naked girl sitting in the grass.

"a-a-ahh! W-who are you?! A-And w-w-why aren't you w-wearing any clothes?!?!" Dororo exclaimed while turning tomato red and looked away from the naked girl.

"clothes are such a bother" the girl said simply while starting to stand up.

"the cat..." Hyakkimaru quietly mumbled loud enough for Dororo to hear. Dororo stared at him in confusion until she finally asked, "what do you mean Aniki?". The stranger now stood in front of the male and lifted his hand to touch the top of her head, where her cat ears were positioned.

The male stared at her in confusion and then slowly started to pet her head. The female purred in delight.

"oi! Lady!" Dororo exclaims to get the girl's attention, "who are you?". The girl merely shrugs Dororo off, completely ignoring her. "hey! I'm talking to you!" the child yells angrily, not liking being ignored. "At least tell us your name!"

"y/n" the girl, now known as y/n, simply states to satisfy the young child. The little girl jumps in excitement of learning the young woman's name. "my name's Dororo and this guy here is Hyakkimaru!" the child exclaims while pointing to herself and then at Hyakkimaru, that was still petting the ears of the older female. Y/n merely nods at the youngster. 

Dororo looks closer at the female and her feline parts, "you're a neko right?" she questions the older girl while pointing at her ears and tail. Again, the older female only nods in response. Dororo pouts, not liking the lack of words from the neko. The child then suddenly comes to realize an important detail. This so-called y/n is not wearing any clothes whatsoever, only bandages around her chest and some type of short shorts made of some ripped fabric.

"maybe we should get you some clothes y/n-Chan?" Dororo suggests. The older female merely shrugs, "I don't really care, but I guess it will get cold out soon." She says, then soon adds a small "it's almost night time anyways".

And so, the trio soon heads to the market to try and find the neko female some clothes that at least could try to cover some of her private parts.

Of course, on the way there, the little girl keeps asking questions about the older girl's feline parts. A short trip to the market turned a bit longer because of the curiosity of the child.

'finally, someone who'll pet me' was the only thought going inside y/n's brain at the moment. She soon got a bit curious of the weird scent the boy of the group had. He was very interesting and different in her opinion.

She looked a bit closer at the male that was walking slightly behind the two females. He truly was handsome. Although, his eyes were creeping her out a little. They looked to be fake. That would explain why he didn't react to her standing in front of him practically naked.

'he must be blind' the older girl thought, but was a bit confused at why he was looking directly at her when he was blind. The boy was a mystery to her.

Truly interesting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1156 words)

edited 17.04.2019