Chapter 8

Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~

I felt someone shaking me, but I wasn't able to open my eyes.

"Y/n! come on! It's Mama! She-she-! Wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes as I finally felt somewhat conscious. "D-Dororo?..." my voice came out somewhat hoarse. Probably because of the purring I was doing while I was knocked out.

"Y/n! we gotta go help Aniki! Mama wants his face!" I snap out of my daze as she says this. I also realize that I was tightly tied up with thick ropes. I could barely move.

"His what-now?"

"his face! We gotta hurry!"

"hai! But first help me a little with these ropes, they're so tight!"

I carried Dororo on my back as I struggled to keep my balance as the catnip still had its effects on me. During the whole walk Dororo explained to me that the woman was the carver that was brought back to life by the demon that possessed the statue inside the waterfalls cave.

We eventually, after a lot of struggling we finally make it to the waterfall that Dororo directed me to. I had gained some of my senses back, but my smell and vision were still a little hazy.

There he was, being dragged by the changeling into the cave. He was tightly bound with ropes in the same style as I had previously been in.

'kinky'

Dororo jumped off my back in a hurry. I tried to warn her that she was still weak due to the drug, but she beat me to it as she rolled down the hill. I tried to go after her, but then realized that the woman hadn't noticed me yet, I quickly hide behind some trees, so she doesn't spot me, but near enough so I could still hear their conversation.

"why did you come here! I didn't tie you up, so why didn't you just run away?" she exclaims as she aggressively picks Dororo up by the back of her belt-cloth-thingy. But as Dororo starts trashing around the changeling throws her into the stone wall. I silently wince as I could practically feel how much that would've hurt.

My senses are still weakened though. I can't afford losing the element of surprise by my weakened senses.

'Just a few more minutes...'

Dororo tried holding onto Hyakkimaru.

'I can't...'

The woman reached to hurt Dororo again.

'ah, fuck it.'

In a flash I'm behind the woman, my nail pressing into her upper throat.

"hurt her again, and I won't have any mercy." I practically growl into the changeling's ear. As my nails started to extend into sharp claws, almost digging into her skin.

( I love X-Men )

She stood still for a moment then turned her face slightly towards me, her voice changing completely.

"Now now, let's not be hasty dear~" my eyes widen at the familiar face. I remember the face, but the thing is, I don't know whose face it belongs to.

"who... are you?..." she jumps away from me as my guard is down. She then starts laughing hysterically.

"you don't remember the face of your own mother!" she continues laughing while I only growl in response.

"that's none of your business!" I try to attack her again, but she dodges every hit. Let's just say that I was very pissed at the moment. She used the face that I can't remember to distract me. To get me wondering.

The woman runs into the cave, where there stood a big statue. I don't follow her as far into the cave as I can smell the blood coming off the statue.

Hyakkimaru passed me as he was now awake and started attacking the statue. I figured that I should probably watch his back as the woman could try to attack at any given minute. But I wasn't much help as the woman launched at me first.

You could say I got distracted by her face, as I couldn't stop myself from trying to remember. She had the upper hand and managed to pin me down. She was sitting on my stomach, her knees pinning down my wrists as her hands was around my throat. I tilted my head slightly to see I was looking down into the dark abyss down below the waterfall. My eyes widen as the sword comes falling down. It wasn't my face she wanted. She wanted my head.

I shut my eyes tight. It was as if I couldn't move. I was terrified. I was panicking and my vision was blurring.

"Y/n!!" Dororo yelled. I couldn't hear her, but someone else did.

I slowly opened my eyes. I smelled the familiar scent of metal and realized Hyakkimaru was carrying me on his back. I nuzzled my head into Hyakkimaru's neck. I felt him stiffen a little as I quietly giggled. It was a bit bright outside, so I had to wait for my eyes to adjust. It seemed like it was late morning maybe.

Dororo then noticed that I had woken up, "ohayo Ane!" she grinned.

"Ohayo... how long was I out?" my voice was a little scratchy as I had just woken up.

"you slept the whole night, and we couldn't wake you, so Aniki decided to carry you!" She gleams.

I look questionably at Hyakkimaru. He doesn't seem to care and just stays looking forward on the road.

"aw! You did that for me? You're so cute!" I exclaim while hugging him tighter as I was already on his back and pinched his cheeks. I only laughed as he tried to make me let go of his face. Dororo was laughing with me.

Once we all calmed down, a comfortable silence fell upon us.

"guys... I'm sorry for not being any help in the fight..." I apologized, "you could say I was a bit out of it, both mentally and physically."

"It's not your fault Ane! So, don't worry about it!" Dororo exclaims, "I'm the one who should apologize... I should've been more careful. I got you both mixed up in trouble and reminded you both of your Mama..."

"It's not your fault either Dororo, she was a changeling, made to fool people. And we also fell into her trap." I explain, "And that also reminds me Hyakki that I owe you big time, as you saved me and all" I giggle a little to try and lighten the mood.

"Mhm! Aniki always save me! But I'll save you whenever you need me!" Dororo exclaims confidently while pointing at Hyakkimaru. I could only smile brightly at her. Until she tripped and scraped her knees with a little 'Ouch'.

I sigh as I got off of Hyakkimaru's back as I could walk on my own. I kneel down to where she was sitting on the ground and gently kiss her forehead as my healing heals her scratches.

"you should be more careful Dororo." I scold.

"ahaha, Gomen gomen Y/n." she grins sheepishly while laughing a little, "I got clumsy again."

"Dororo, Y/n." we both look up at Hyakkimaru who had his back to us, "I'm fine, you don't owe me anything. So, hot spring. Let's go."

We both just stare at him in awe and surprise. We both snap out of it and run to catch up with him, knowing he won't wait for us. 

~~~~~~~~~

1230 words

published 24.05.2019