chapter 3

enjoy~

~~~~~~~~

------Y/n's POV------

"maybe there's nothing for us to do here" Dororo says while looking around the street. She's about to say something more, but I'm not really listening. I'm currently too preoccupied with looking around that I don't notice Hyakkimaru stopped walking. Making me bump into his back.

"ah, gomenasai Hyakki" I say while rubbing my nose in slight pain. I stare at him in question when he turns towards two older men across the small river. I soon start listening too to their conversation, though my ears are currently hiding behind a hood, so I don't hear as good as I usually do.

"I say it's the curse of Banmon" one man says, "I bet that's why it hasn't rained at all". The other man then goes to scold the man for saying something like that. "the other villages were all dry too, if this keeps up..."

"guys? What's wrong?" Dororo asks, then looks in the direction of the two men talking. The whole conversation was about some goddess of mercy and some shit about this thing called Banmon.

Dororo then goes up to the men and asks about the Banmon and what it is. I can't help but let out a sigh, 'the confidence of this kid. I swear'. The men then go to explain about some fierce battle and some big wall. But to be honest, history isn't my forte, so I barely paid any attention whatsoever. Until. "ghouls have been gathering nightly, attracted to those corpses."

"wow! What a big wall!" the kid says in excitement.

"what's so interesting about a wall?" I say while kicking the wall slightly. The wall apparently didn't like that, as some big planks and pebbles comes tumbling down in my direction. I shriek and cover my head as some type of protection. As the danger nears, I feel myself get tackled to the ground by someone with a stronger build than me. I also felt that my hood got pulled off during the fall. Then there's a loud crash.

I open my eyes slowly after feeling no pain whatsoever, only to find Hyakkimaru directly above me. I then notice that we're in a very inappropriate position. I can't help but feel my cheeks heat up very fast as some unladylike thoughts enter my thoughts.

"oi! Are you okay Y/n-Chan!" Dororo asks with wide eyes. Hyakkimaru gets off me and holds out his hand for me to take. I take his hand and he helps me up off the ground. I squeak out a quick thank you to him, blush still evident on my cheeks. I then turn towards Dororo, "I'm fine kid, so don't worry" I tell her while giving her a small grin. She merely sighs in relief.

"maybe it really is cursed, I mean, I barely kicked it and all that junk almost came crashing down onto me" I say while looking up at the tall wall. I got no answer, so I turned to where Dororo previously stood, only to find Hyakkimaru looking around. I also look around and then spot Dororo at the edge of the wall, looking at something with a disturbed look.

Skeletons and dead bodies laid at the other side of the wall. I scrunched my nose up in disgust as I could smell the old rotten flesh and the strong stench of ghoul activity, 'now I know what those men meant by those ghouls coming here, it stinks'.

"do you sense anything Aniki?" Dororo asks. Hyakki nods. "a demon?" she asks again. My ears perk up a little at this. "very strong" he says in response. "so that's why there was suck a strong smell here" I say while holding my nose a little to block out the awful smell.

"oi!" both me and Dororo shriek at the unfamiliar voice, although I -on accident- turned myself into a cat, which sometimes happens when I get scared. I jumped onto Hyakki's shoulder and almost cling onto him in seek of comfort.

"be careful. If you cross that wall, you'll be killed" the kid says. I feel a hand touch my head and look up to see Hyakkimaru gazing down on me, he then starts to pet me. I cant help myself than purr in delight. I'm completely distracted by the petting that I don't listen too much on the conversation about some soldiers.

"this used to be where our village was" the kid says. He then starts telling about the village and the battle between the village and this so called Asakura. But again. I didn't listen too much as I was too focused on my food. I haven't eaten in so long, so to have something warm fill my stomach felt very nice.

"we'll help" Dororo states. I almost choke on my food. "so, the Asakura army keeps watch during the day. But what about night?"

"are you crazy?! Its even worse at night! Huge monsters everywhere-"

"don't worry!" Dororo interrupts the boy, "Aniki can handle that" she says confidently. Hyakkimaru nods while I only sigh at my two companions. "we usually don't do it for free. But you fed us, so it's a deal."

Dororo then introduces us to the little kid, "My name's Dororo, and this is Hyakkimaru, and this is Y/n-Chan!". "I'm Sokeroku" the boy smiles while introducing himself.

"Hyakki? Is something wrong?" I ask. He's just staring into the dark sky while Dororo and the Sokeroku kid waits for the soldiers to leave. He turns towards me and just stares directly into my eyes. I tilt my head in confusion. I can't read him at all it seems as he gently grabs a lock of my hair and leans close to smell it. Heat rises to my cheeks instantly as he starts to sniff it. 'he's way too close!!' I scream in my head, but my body won't move at all. He mutters something that sounded like 'Flower? Do I smell like flowers?' my thoughts were interrupted by something that sounded like a howl of some sort. I sigh in relief as he pulls away from me. Although, it did feel kind of nice having him so close.

I then turn my attention back to the demon at hand. A big demon fox it seemed. Unlike Kurama, this demon fox was blue, not orange. Then tons of more foxes appeared around us, growling.

'Fighting seems to be the only option' I think while staring at the creature. Myself being a little scared of the intimidating creature before us. 

~~~~~~~~

I literally had to search up if foxes were in the cat family or the dog family. And turns out its in the dog family. Yeet.

1111 words (ironic really haha)

edited  20.04.2019