Chapter 6

Longer chapter like i promised

almost 2,5k words 

and its currently 2AM so if it is a little rushed at the end, im sorry, im very tired.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but anyways, 

enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~

"Daigo Kagemitsu is this land's lord, right?" Dororo asks as we walk through the forest, "His family crest is the same as the one you have on your talisman."

"Talisman?" I question.

Hyakkimaru takes out something looking like a little sack holding something inside of it. It hung around his neck loosely and was purple with some type of three-armed cross on it. The fact that it was purple was a clear sign of authority or royalty almost. Guess it is a connection to this so-called Lord Daigo.

"ah..." I trail off as he packs it back into his kimono.

"so, what did her ladyship call you?" Dororo asks.

"son" he simply responds.

"there's no doubt then!" she exclaims, "you found your papa and mama, and you've got a brother too!" she grins.

I could guess that a part of Hyakki's mission was to find his family, but he still had much more things to do to accomplish it.

"Good for you Hyakki!" I grin at him, even though he can't see it.

But in truth, every time you were happy, he saw the gold specks in your red soul glimmer a little bit brighter.

"my...?" he questions as he stops in his tracks.

Dororo nods her head yes, "Mhm, yours!"

I smile brightly at him as he smiles slightly at the thought of his mom, 'he looks so cute when he smiles...' I guess I was staring a bit too long as Hyakkimaru looks at me, snapping me out of my trance. Heat rises to my cheeks as I quickly look away while pulling my cloak's hood up and over my head, trying to hide my embarrassment. I can feel him staring at me, but I didn't have the confidence to face him as he had caught me staring.

Luckily Dororo intervened, although in the most depressing way by saying, "Sokeroku's mama is already..." she paused, then continued with denying it, "no! Sokeroku hasn't given up yet!"

"we gotta go get him before they hang him on Banmon! Come on Aniki! Ane!" she takes our hands and drags us away towards the direction of The Banmon wall. I feel myself smile slightly from Dororo calling me older sister.

"it's the demon."

Before us stood what looked to be samurai. A lot of them. Although I barely recognized the man that was in front. Lord Daigo himself.

Dororo was hiding in the bushes not too far away, to be somewhat a little safer. Although I kept to Hyakkimaru's side as I could take care of myself perfectly fine. Not that Dororo couldn't defend herself, but she is still a child.

I knew it, it's him!" this perked my interest as the man continued with saying, "He's the one that took my arm!"

I glanced over to Hyakkimaru to see him losing it, obviously replaying memories. He yells out as he's preparing to charge at the man. Both me and Dororo act immediately and try to hold him back to the best of our ability. My arms around his chest pressing myself against his back to hold him back, while Dororo holds around his waist.