Chapter 10

long time no see people!

Hope you all have/had a wonderful day!

if not, then i hope this new chapter will make your lives much better.

enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house was huge. We got food and water. Although I didn't eat anything of it, even though it was some delicious cooked fish. I still had my hood on as I didn't want the man to know about my cat-like abilities.

The man told of the tale of how the temple burned down, because it was Dororo who asked about it in the first place. "one night, lightning struck the temple, setting it ablaze. It was gone in a matter of minutes, nun, children and all."

'that doesn't make any sense though, as we found evidence of oil at the temple.' I thought and decided to keep it to myself.

"that's awful! All the children too?" Dororo questioned sadly.

"we regretted not doing something earlier." Sabame said, "its too late for regrets, but we pray for those poor souls."

"and the Ghoul?" Hyakkimaru seemed intrigued.

"it's the ghost of the nun." Sabame responded, "she couldn't go up to heaven, I suppose"

'that's complete bullshit. The nun was a mere spirit, no sign of a ghoul, she wasn't hostile towards us either. Nor the giant baby, who I assume was the representation of the kids that got killed' I thought.

Sabame continued, "she appears nightly and eats those that happen to pass by"

"Im glad we weren't one of them then." Dororo said.

Sabame stood up from his sitting position on the cushion, "It's getting late. Feel free to stay here and rest for as long as you wish."

"do you believe anything he said Aniki? Ane?"

"About the ghoul, no" Hyakkimaru responded.

"yeah, and how the temple was burnt down by lightning is utter bullshit. Someone definitely set it on fire." I responded while being cuddled up in Hyakkimaru's side, because he was warm, "we'll find out soon enough though..." I muttered to them as I closed my eyes and almost immediately fell asleep, the perks of being a cat.

Third person POV

There was silence for a few minutes.

"you think a demon will come here?" Dororo quietly asked.

No response from Hyakkimaru though.

Dororo quickly moved her futon closer to the cuddling pair and laid down again.

Hyakkimaru looked over at her questionably.

"I- I'm not scared, ya know!" she quietly muttered, "but jeez, this house sure is cold..."

It went silent again.

Dororo turned towards the pair again and asked if anyone was awake.

No response.

She sighed then looked at the roof. She shifted a bit making Y/N stir in her sleep.

Y/N opened her eyes slightly as her ears twitched when she heard a sniff coming from behind her. She turned her head slightly to see Dororo silently crying. She let go of Hyakkimaru's midsection and turned so she was facing Dororo. gently she pulled her into a hug as Dororo gasped quietly.