Chapter 9

sorry for the long wait! i havent been in the best state as of lately, so the chapters may take a while to make and publish. 

just know that im working hard on these chapters for you guys!

anyways

enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

"You have a wider range of choices now" The priest told Dororo, "Let's say you defeat all the demons and get his body back, what's next?"

I was currently sitting beside Hyakkimaru, as Dororo was talking with the old man about some map or something. I didn't fully understand as I had just come back from a little walk while they were in the hot spring.

You might be asking, 'why didn't you join them? You could've seen all of Hyakkimaru's delicious body!'. Well, perverts, I hate water as mentioned before. Its in my genes. Quite literally actually.

But I must've missed quite a lot as the priest was with us again, and Dororo had some kind of map on her back. But as I'm the only one who can see the map, I'm supposed to be of so much help, which I'm not, since I can't read maps. I've always just followed my nose to wherever I needed to go, no maps needed.

So, therefore I'm practically being ignored in this conversation for being useless.

Which is why I'm sitting by Hyakkimaru at the moment, practically clinging onto his arm, pouting as the priest had previously told me how useless I was in this situation. I was quietly muttering curses under my breath at the old man.

'it's not like he is more useful than me' I so wanted to say out loud to the priest, but I held my tongue and just quietly muttered it, hoping no one would hear, but of course Hyakki heard and chuckled a little as I could only blush in embarrassment.

Maybe the moody teenager in me is finally coming to the surface.

But anyways, back to the conversation.

"Money's a grand thing. If you have a full belly, your heart will be calm and gentle." The old man chuckled, "You will be able to see your surroundings and start to think about tomorrow. Keeping true to your ambition when it could mean life or death..." he trailed off, "this isn't something just anyone can do."

The priest started to stand up, "Even if you defeat a few demons here and there, it wont change the world at all." I could feel Hyakkimaru shift a little as the comment was directed towards him. the old man then turned back towards Dororo, "What you have on your back can move people and change the world. It's a source of great power."

Dororo looked conflicted in a way.

"Don't you think that's a little too much pressure for a child, old man?" I sigh.

He only ponders the thought a little and responds with, "Maybe so, but all I'm trying to say is that, in other words, you have a lot more choices now."

The priest the goes to leave while saying directly to Dororo, "Take some time to think about it." He then turns towards Hyakkimaru, "Unless, you want to destroy Daigo's land in exchange for your body." Hyakkimaru shifts again slightly uncomfortable as the priest was looking directly at him, or well, his soul. The old man then half-heartedly chuckles, "Just saying."