CHAPTER - 17

Ashton's POV:

"I'll see you in the office, tomorrow baby. Bye," I said as I kissed her forehead and she blushed. She's so cute. I know I've said that a thousand times but it's true. She's so cute. I've always enjoyed around girls and ditched them ignoring their feelings. But with Scarlett, it's totally the opposite. I never want to be the reason for her to cry. I always want her to be happy. In fact, I want to be the reason for her happiness.

She lifted her feet and kissed me. Oh..these lips...

"You're making it hard for me to leave baby girl," I said smiling.

"Then don't," she replied sheepishly.

"Are you inviting me in?" I asked shock mixed with excitement.

"Are you turning me down?" she said disappointment evident in her voice.

"What! No baby girl I could never do that," I scooped her up in my arms and entered her apartment.

We were seated on the couch with her on my lap. I'm very much getting used to this. Our gazes met each other, and our eyes locked for what was like a lifetime. As our lips were about to meet...

"Hey baby," a girl squealed as she entered the living room. As soon as her eyes fell on us her steps halted and her jaw dropped to the floor. As soon as Scar saw the girl she jumped off my lap and stood looking down nervously fidgetting with her fingers.

Who's this girl? I think I've seen her somewhere...

"Bro, Is she one of your hookups? If she is then you're going to get fucked up big time". 

Shut up!!

"Who's this handsome man?" she smirked looking at Scarlett.

What the hell's going on?

"Uhm,...Ami..he's.." she stuttered.

Yeah! I remembered her now. She's that girl in the bar that day who took Scarlett home.

"Hi, I'm Ashton Miller," I said introducing myself to her as she stood frozen in her spot.

"You're her boss, aren't you?" she asked her eyes wide. Her expression is so funny. I hardly controlled my laughter.

"Yes," I said.

"Sorry for interrupting you. I thought I could have a girl's day with Scarlett as it's been a month since I last met her," she said.

"No problem. I was about to leave, you enjoy yourselves," I said as I looked at Scar.

"I'll be back in a minute Ami," she said as she followed me to the door.

"Sorry, Ashton. I didn't know that Amelia was coming over," she said sadly. I smiled at her  "Don't worry baby, you carry on" and kissed her. I went to my car and drove off.

As I reached my flat, while entering I saw a lady sitting on the couch.

"She's your mom stupid".

Oh!!

"Hey mom, how are you?" I asked as I hugged her.

"Bro something's not right. I can tell you".

Shutup! You are exaggerating. You always say that whenever my mom comes to see me.

"You don't trust me. I was with you all the time and now I'm facing this," my innervoice complained.

Such a drama queen. I ignored my inner voice and concentrated on my mom.

"Hello, my lovely son" she replied while hugging me.

"She's calling you lovely. Bro you're still not believing me right?"

I chose to ignore him again.

"Where have you been?" she asked while making herself comfortable on the couch.

"I've been to Paris mom, to attend a business meeting," I said as I sat beside her.

Why did she come here? It's not like I don't want her to come here. I love my mom so much. But  I think something is running in her mind.

"Why are you here mom?"

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Can't a mother come to meet her son? Do I have to take an appointment to meet my son?"

"Something's going to happen. Be ready," my inner voice said dramatically.

Now, even I'm having the same feeling as you.

"No mom, you can come whenever you want. But at this hour, Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Actually, I met my best friend Clara today," she hesitated.

"That's good. What's the problem in that?"

"No dear, there's no problem" she laughed nervously.

"So? Is everything alright mom?" I questioned her again.

"Uhmm...I met her and as you know she has been my best friend since childhood...um,..as you are also getting older. Uhm...so..uhh.." she stuttered.

"Your mom never stutters. Something is definitely wrong. I can't hear her anymore. I'm going".

She sighed and then in a single go she said "I want you to marry her daughter," after saying that she released her breath which made my breath hitch in my throat.

What?

Marry her?

No way. I've started seeing someone properly and now she wants me to marry someone whom I've never even met. After all that had happened in my life, she wants me to marry an unknown girl?

"See, see I've told you she came here to get you married. I told you but you won't believe me. She's dragging you away from Scarlett," my innervoice whined like a child.

I frowned.

Zip up your mouth. No more words. Let me think.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guysss...Another chapter is here as promised...

What do you think of the cliffhanger?? Do you think Ashton will consider his mom's suggestion??

What do you think happened in Ashton's life? Let me know your thoughts...