CHAPTER - 23

Ashton's POV:

"Ashton?!?!" Scarlett shouted from the other room while I was in the kitchen.

"What happened, sunshine?" I asked as I entered the other bedroom.

"Sunshine?" she giggled.

Melodious..

"Yes, you always light up my day, baby." Her face flushed bright pink.

"Stop teasing me," she said and hid her face in my chest. This girl's going to be the death of me. What am I going to do without you baby?

I played with her soft and silky hair while we stood there holding each other. I have never been this intimate with any other girl since the last 2 years, not in a sexual way but in a way more than just being physically connected. I feel the urge to protect her, be with her every day every minute and every second.

"Man, you are whipped," my inner voice commented.

Maybe.

But I know one thing, whoever is that bastard that laid hand on my Scarlett is going to pay badly for what he did.

"Your Scarlett?! huh, when did that happen?"

Can't you just shut up for a minute??!!

"Ok, but please don't forget me" my inner voice literally begged me.

"Oh! I forgot the reason I called you, Whose things are these?" she asked eyeing me and pointing to the closet full of women's clothes, shoes, and other accessories.

I smirked, "Jealous much huh?"

"Now, are you going to tell me or not?" she asked resting her hands on her hips and faking anger.

"Why will I not tell you sunshine, those are Arianna's things"

"Ohh, okay," she said sheepishly.

I chuckled " Oh, baby," She tiptoed and kissed me slowly startling me. I began to kiss her gently holding her in my arms. Just then my phone rang loudly,

"Just a sec, sunshine," I said as I made a run towards my phone. It's Marco.

"Hello, Ash? Are you there?"

"Yeah! Did you collect any information from the club?"

"The cameras at the club didn't catch a face because he never looked up and never took his hoodie off. I monitored each and every tape of the cameras but no clues. He seems to know the placement of every camera in the club".

"That son of a bitch," I cursed under my breath.

"But the man's watching Scarlett the second you both entered the club. Something fishy about him,"  Marco hissed.

"Ok, see if you can extract any other details about him in the club member's list"

"Fine. But be careful, don't let Scarlett away from your sight," he said and hung up as I held the phone tight in my hand.

"What happened Ashton?" Scarlett asked from behind looking scared as hell.

Shit!!

"Uh, It's nothing baby," I said slipping the phone into my pocket.

"What do you want to do now kitten?"

"It's 9 already Ashton, don't we have to go to office?" she said confused.

"O Scarlett, today is Saturday" I chuckled.

"I totally forgot about that," she said innocently. She is so cute and beautiful.

"Do you want to relax at the pool?" I asked.

"I'd love that," she said excited as I smiled " Ok then let's go"

------

"No, please don't. I can't swim Ashton," she said embarrassed as I dragged her into the pool.

"Relax baby, I'll teach you. It's quite easy."

"But-"

She stopped talking as I took off my shirt and stared at my abs.

I smirked, "Like what you see?"

She swiftly looked away blushing beet red. I chuckled, she's so damn cute.

"Ok now stop it. You've said that 1000 times," 

I will say that a million more times.

"Take off your shirt and join me sunshine"

"I...uh, do I have to?"

"Baby, either you take it off right now or I come and do it myself."

She sighed and slowly took off her shirt to reveal her black bikini and got into the pool.

She's so sexy in that bikini, I can't take my eyes off her soft glistening skin. She's so beautiful.

"That's more like it," I said as I swam towards her.

"I don't think I can do this," she groaned.

"Look, it's really easy. If it makes you feel better, we are at the shallow end. Hold on to the side of the pool. Keep your face in the water and blow bubbles. Then stand back up and breathe normally. Practice until you feel comfortable with your face under water."

She nodded before doing exactly what I told her to do.

"See? That wasn't hard"

"That's it? Can I swim now?"

I chuckled. "No Scarlett, there's more. You need to learn to float. Hold the side of the pool again. Then take a deep breath and lift your feet up while leaning backward. After you mastered flotation, take a deep breath and put your face in the water while kicking your feet out behind you."

"Oh no no no. I really don't think I can do this, Ashton"

"That's why I'm here. I'll help you, baby"

"Okay," she nodded.

-----

"You did amazing, sunshine. You are almost as good as I am," I said.

"I'm better than you," she giggled.

"You wish baby," I smirked as I inched towards her.

"Thank you for taking the time to teach me, Ashton. I had a fun time learning," she said looking into my eyes. I can get lost in those beautiful brown orbs.

We were merely inches away, yet I could feel her warmth. We stared into each other's eyes holding each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers, I'm really very very sorry for the very late update.

I've been very very busy with my college😰😰. But can't forget you guys and your comments motivated me to give an update for you.

This update is heartfully dedicated to my readers who are constantly asking me for an update.😉😉

Love you all guys...💕💕

Enjoyy!!!