1.07

After she returned to the higher realm, Silvi went straight to the Heavenly Emperor's castle. She wanted to personally report her failure, since she failed her first task, she thought it would be better to receive punishment immediately.

It was only when she was at the entrance to his throne room that she hesitated. She didn't want to disturb him but thinking of how he was basically omnipotent, she was sure he knew that she was going to see him. Even if she turned around and left it would do no good.

Thinking up to this point, Silvi reached out and pushed the huge doors and entered.

Lazing upon his huge throne was Aster. His legs hung over the edge of the throne's handle as he leaned back onto his throne, a pillow propped behind his back. With his hand holding up his head he stared at her with what Silvi could only assume was amusement.

Standing off to the side was Bron. He appeared completely at ease causing Silvi to wonder whether he knew of the situation or not.

"Greetings to the Heavenly Emperor Aster," Silvi said before she also greeted her brother.

"What brings you here Silvi?" Aster questioned.

His question caused Silvi to pause in confusion. She was sure that he should have already known about the situation at hand, yet he asked her to explain. Was it because he wanted her to personally explain her faults?

Regardless of the reason since he asked her to explain, she would. "I failed."

Seeing that she had no intention of explaining, Aster waved his hand, motioning her to continue. It was an action that was almost automatic. Silvi was a woman of few words, she was the type of person who only spoke when spoken to and when speaking she would always use as few words as possible.

Opening the world's database, Silvi brought forth Mason's fate and showed it to Aster. Due to her interference there were somethings that changed, but for the most part her actions didn't have that much of an effect on the way his life ended.

After his 'cat' died, Mason became sad for several days and just like in his original fate, he began to have trouble sleeping. Attempting to get a good night rest, he consumed sleeping pills. However, he accidentally overdosed and never woke up.

Her failure to change his sad fate only reinforced her thoughts. Silvi didn't think that it was appropriate to send someone who struggled with her own emotions to help someone else with their own.

"Is that it?" Aster questioned when she was done.

Silvi nodded, she wasn't exactly sure what was going through his head, but she hoped he would understand and act accordingly.

"Since you failed in the first world shouldn't you be hurrying to the second to get a head start?" Aster asked with amusement.

Silvi tilted her head in confusion.

"So, let me get this straight," Aster said with a slight chuckle. "After you failed your mission, you came here to sulk and complain?"

"Not at all." Silvi answered immediately.

Silvi didn't agree with the way his thoughts were headed but she didn't want to argue with him, it would be disrespectful of her to challenge him. She also knew that he could be very petty at times.

"Then do you think that this mission is too troublesome?" Aster asked as he sat up on his throne.

Silvi shook her head but Aster ignored her as he sighed dramatically, "If little Iven knew of how much trouble he caused you he would surely be filled with grief."

"Your majesty." Bron said, effectively cutting him short. "Time is of the essence."

Aster rolled his eyes at Bron but stopped anyways. He wanted to tease her some more but figured it would probably be for the best if she left soon. He didn't think much of her failure in the first world, it was something he expected. Whether prince Iven lived his nine lives in happiness or not didn't affect the rate at which his soul would heal.

Aster sighed, "Since that's the case I won't keep her any longer." Turning towards Silvi, he suppressed a grin and nonchalantly wave his hand signaling for her to leave.

Without another word Silvi bowed. After silently mouthing a thank you to her younger brother, she hastily left. She felt that if she stayed any longer then she wouldn't be able to leave easily. Truthfully, she was also a bit embarrassed, it had been a long time since she had last failed a task.

After Silvi left, Bron turned towards Aster who was still casually sitting on his throne.

Raising a brow, the corners of Aster's lips raised as he said, "Oh? You're still here? I thought you would have left after she did."

Seeing Bron stand still with that serious expression still etched onto his face, Aster felt an urge to tease him raise within him. "Didn't you come here just to see your sister? If I didn't know you well, I would have thought that remained here to spend some time with me."

"To be in your presence is my honor." Bron answered seriously.

Aster narrowed his eyes, "Is that so?"

"Yes." Bron answered.

"If that's the case you and your siblings could always move back into the castle." Aster said as his face broke out into a grin.

Bron shuddered as memories of his time living in the castle resurfaced.

Seeing his reaction, Aster's mischievous side was finally satisfied, so he stopped teasing him. Cutting straight to the case he said, "I know your worried about your sister, but this will be good for her. It's like killing two birds with one stone."

Bron opened his mouth to oppose but after some thought he didn't. He could see where Aster was coming from, but he didn't agree with his method. Bron felt that Silvi was fine as she was. He knew she could come off as cold and unfeeling, but he knew that she just had problems expressing herself.

Bowing slightly, Bron said, "If that's the case I won't bother your majesty any further." With that said, Bron turned and left.

"How cold," Aster said, chuckling slightly. "Maybe he'll be next."