Chapter One

"What's your problem?" A dark hand slid up Adriana's back, turning her to face Blaise Zabini. "You usually sit with us on the train..."

"Well, Malfoy was being an arse to Hermione, and I didn't feel like dealing with it today," Adriana spat, flinching at Blaise's touch. 

"I don't understand why you associate with the mudbloods and blood traitors, Addie." 

"They're much better than the lot of you," Adriana scrunched her nose, backing away from Blaise toward her compartment with Hermione and the Weasely's. 

"Fine...See you there?" Blaise scrunched his nose back, smirked and went back to the Slytherin compartment. 

"Adriana, don't forget your duties as prefect this term," a cool voice drawled from right behind her. She turned to face a pale, pointed face. 

"I won't, Malfoy. I wouldn't give up the chance to get you into trouble," Adraina smirked and folded her arms. 

"Don't speak too quickly, Dolohov. I got a badge myself this summer." 

"Did you now? Well, it's no surprise...your father's Ministry connections and all," Adriana was rather enjoying the irritated flush that spread over Malfoy's face.

"And your father hasn't any?" Malfoy asked mock-innocently. 

"Oh, he's got plenty. He just doesn't use them to make everyone else's lives a living hell. Not that your father's got to do that for  you; it's kind of your presence alone. Makes me want to vomit, really." 

"That's just the stench of mudblood behind you," Malfoy scoffed, raising an eyebrow and flitting his eyes to Hermione in the car behind Adriana. 

Adriana's eyes narrowed. "Don't talk about Hermione like that, you little piece of-," Adriana stopped herself due to Malfoy's eyes widening in satisfaction. He'd succeeded in getting a rise out of her. 

"A stop? Well, I knew you didn't have the guts to actually do anything about it." 

"Not have the guts to tell you what I actually think of you and your disgusting family? I'd rather not...it would spoil dinner," and with that Adriana threw a slightly abashed Malfoy and contemptuous glance, and slid into the car with Hermione. 

"What was that about?" Hermione glanced up from her book with a smirk. "Malfoy seemed rather offended." 

"Did he? He's always got that obnoxious sneer, so one really can never tell," Adriana giggled, and scrunched up her face into a sneer eerily similar to Malfoy's. 

"I don't understand what makes you hate him so much," Hermione tried to hold in her laugh, but failed. 

"He's a snobbish prick, that's why I hate him." 

"I'll give you that, but Addie, I'm telling you that he looked really very hurt."

"Aw, poor little Malfoy. Cry me a river," Adriana folded her arms, and sank further into her seat. Staring out the window until Hogwart's castle came into view. As everyone unloaded, a small explosion from down the train hall, caught her attention. Out of nowhere, George Weasely, ducked behind her. He was doubled over in bouts of laughter, weakly pointing in the direction of someone stumbling blindly out of the Slytherin car- Malfoy. His hair was nearly standing on end, and the tip of his nose was blackened, similar to Seamus Finnigan's. 

Adriana howled with laughter, and caught Blaise and Pansy sheepishly giggling as they disembarked. Malfoy shot George a dirty look, and grabbed his trunk. "You're a genius, Georgie!" Adriana wrapped George in a hug, grabbed her trunk and dashed off the train. 

"Addie!" Pansy was waving her towards a carriage, which she entered immediately. What she saw made her day. Goyle was doubled over laughing, Blaise was sniggering into his cloak, Crabbe was smirking, and Pansy was holding back a howl by biting her lip as hard as he could. Malfoy sat with his arms crossed, occasionally running a hand through his hair in an attempt to smooth it. 

"Is it really that bad?" he whined, giving a glare at his cronies. 

"Nah," she responded truthfully. "George could've done much worse, you know? You kind of deserved it." 

"Why on earth did I deserve that ?" Malfoy raised an eyebrow. 

"For what you called his family on the train platform, what you said about Mrs. Weasely, what you said about Mr. Weasely's job, what you said of the twin's IQ levels, what you said of Harry, the way you called Hermione a mudblood...," she  ticked off the items on her fingers, smirking. 

Malfoy rolled his eyes, but he shut up pretty quickly. 

"Can you believe it?!" Pansy and Astoria were jumping up and down in the Slytherin common room. "We get to spend a whole term with all of those gorgeous Russian and French boys!" they squealed as Adriana rolled her eyes. 

"It's a tournament, Pansy...they'll be busy." 

"As much as it pains me to agree with Dolohov, she's right," Malfoy drawled from just inside the common room door. Adriana rolled her eyes again, and dashed up to her dormitory. This year was sure to be interesting.