Chapter 3

Adriana settled down on her bed with a book, a gift from Hermione. She'd just returned from the common room after having a very long conversation with none other than Malfoy himself. Astoria and Pansy were giving her sideways looks every few seconds and Pansy finally burst. 

"What were you and Draco going on about for so long?" She looked at Adriana intently. 

"Nothing really. He was mostly thanking me for not making fun of him today. This doesn't mean we're friends or anything. He's still a prejudiced arse."

"Rude," Astoria laughed. "Rude, but you're spot on." 

Adriana laughed and then snapped the curtains on her bed shut, fell down on the bed, and tried to sleep. Tomorrow was the first day of the Tournament, and it sounded very dangerous. She hoped Harry would be okay for Ron and Hermione's sake's. 

The next morning, Adriana ran to lavoratory to get ready for the first Task. She fluffed her very curly caramel hair, and put on a plain black dress with emerald jewelry. Lastly, she donned her mother's old travelling cloak made of a black silk. She descended to the common room where Pansy and Astoria were waiting for her. "You ready?" She asked with a smile. 

"Of course, but we just waited around to tell you that someone wishes to accompany you themselves today," Astoria smirked. "A very cute someone...," she giggled. Adriana's only thought was Malfoy, but she'd already seen him leave with Crabbe and Goyle. Adriana nodded to her friends and exited the common room, only to come face to face with George Weasely, the Gryffindor beater. 

He shot her a winning grin. "You want to go with me, Addie?" 

"Of course!" She grinned back at him, and took his hand as they walked to the Tournament arena. She dashed over to the tent with the champions to give Harry and Cedric a quick hug each and wish her luck. They both smiled grimly, and thanked her. She returned to George, who wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her to their seats. Adriana scanned her area of the bleachers for any of her friends, only to be greeted with a loud shout. Blaise was waving to her, and beckoning her to join them; them meaning Blaise, Nott, Pansy, Malfoy and his goons. 

"Only you though, Dolohov, and not the blood traitor," Malfoy's cool drawl echoed over to her. She shot him a glare, and dragged George over to them, seating herself between Blaise and George. She rested her head on George's shoulder while waiting for the Task to begin. 

As her eyes scanned the crowd, she squealed in delight as she spotted Mrs. Weasely making her way through the seats. She tugged on George's sleeve, and they both went to greet Molly. "Hello, Mum!" George smiled and gave his mother a very long hug. 

"Hello, George...and Adriana Dolohov," Mrs. Weasely smiled. "How are you, young lady?" 

"Very well, Mrs. Weasely! And you?" 

"Fine, fine. I've come to watch Harry today...thought I'd bring Charlie with me but he's caught up with something at the Ministry. My, my, you're getting so beautiful, Addie," Molly Weasely smiled and glanced at George, whose face had turned beat red. 

"Sorry, Mum, but we'd better get back to our seats," George gave his mom one last hug, and then guided Adriana back to their seats by Blaise. 

"Terrible, really, what poor people think is acceptable to wear in public," Mafloy drawled behind them. Adriana watched George's face go red again, but she thought she'd better handle it this time. 

"And a tragedy, really, what prejudiced arses like yourself see fit to say out loud. Oh, wait, your family never did teach you how to make friends did they? That's why you're stuck with these two idiots," Adriana gestured to Crabbe and Goyle. "It's awful how being surrounded with snobs your whole life really does diminish one's sense of judgment." She sneered at Malfoy, whose face had gone white, and who now remained silent. George looked at Adriana and grinned. 

Suddenly, Cedric appeared in the arena opposite a very large dragon. He defeated his easily. Fleur came next, using a clever hex to stop the dragon long enough to retrieve the egg. Second to last came Krum. He fought bravely for nearly fifteen minutes, and finally succeeded in running away with the egg. "Harry Potter!" Called Ludo Bagman from the box above the arena. Harry emerged from behind the rocks, only to be met with a jet of flame from his dragon. Adriana gasped as he dove from behind a now-exploding boulder. He grabbed his wand and uttered a barely audible incantation. In seconds, his Firebolt zoomed to the arena, and Harry launched himself onto it. The dragon nearly knocked him off the broom, but Harry sped away from the arena, dragon in tow. The flew around the castle and were out of sight. After nearly ten minutes, Blaise muttered "You think the dragon's killed him?" 

"Of course not...that's too much to ask of a bloody dragon," Malfoy drawled behind them. Adriana jumped up, spinning to face Malfoy. 

"Did it ever occur to you, Malfoy, that not everyone wants to hear your opinion?" 

"Well it doesn't matter does it? They'll be hearing it more now that stupid Potter's gotten himself killed," Malfoy smirked. Adriana felt herself rush with adrenaline and pulled her hand back. In less than a second a loud smack echoed across the arena. Malfoy yelled a very vile word at Adriana, and clutched his face. She hit him again on the other side. 

"Shut up for once in your life, or I'll knock out so many of your teeth you'll never want to open your big yap again," Adriana gave him a shove and sat down calmly. Blaise whistled lowly as nearly everyone turned to look at the pair of them. Blaise reached out his hand, and she high-fived it. 

"Thanks for that, Dolohov," Blaise whispered to her. "I've been dying to do that since first year," he smirked and turned to face the crowd again. "Nothing to see here. Just some justice beautifully delivered." The crowd sniggered and turned back around. 

"Bloody hell, Addie. I'm glad you're my best friend now. I'll finally get the attention I deserve," George gloated from beside her. She smacked him on the shoulder. 

"You didn't even DO anything, Weasely." 

"I saw it though. Case and point," He grinned smugly. 

"HARRY!" Ron's voice echoed over the crowd and everyone turned to face the castle. Harry was flying as fast as he could toward the arena. He swooped last second, and got the egg. Dismounting from his broom he gave a slightly obnoxious bow, and ran into the champion's pavilion. 

Hours later, Adriana was trying to study in the common room, but she was surrounded by Pansy, Astoria, Blaise, Nott, and Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy was in his dormitory, pouting. 

"What a baby!" Nott smirked. "He can't handle getting a taste of his medicine." 

Blaise nodded and patted Adriana on the knee. "Thanks again for that, Dolohov. Draco needed a little sense knocked into him," he winked flirtatiously. Adriana shoved him away and returned to her studying. Hours passed, and everyone but Adriana had diminished into their dorms. She was curled on the couch reading A History of Magic to surprise Hermione. The things she did for that girl. She heard soft footsteps descending into the common room and looked up only to see Draco Malfoy shuffling his way toward her. 

She grabbed her wand defensively. "Woah, woah, woah!" He held up both wandless hands. "I came to apologize. Nothing that I said today was okay." 

"You apologize quite often, but nothing seems to sink into that thick skull of yours," she retorted. He frowned and plopped down on the couch. "Listen, Malfoy, you should apologize to George." 

"I thought you were going to call me Draco now." 

"I'm still mad, so for the foreseeable future, you're Malfoy to me." 

"Fine. What were you doing with Weasely today, anyway, Dolohov?" 

"Jealous?" 

"He's a Gryffindor! The enemy!" 

"Being Gryffindor doesn't make them an enemy if you're not prejudiced," Adriana slammed her book shut. "And if you're so curious, George Weasely happens to be my very good best friend and nothing more. Not that it's any of your business, but I don't feel that way about him." 

Malfoy's face seemed to relax a tiny bit, but Adriana just shook her head and ascended up to her dorm for the night.