♚〡FIVE

The following morning as Eve slept, June and Eve's parents were planning how they would wake her.

Jessica made Eve's favorite food, chocolate chip pancakes, and her dad would sing the 'black' happy birthday. June was excited to just wake her friend up at the crack of dawn.

"Shh," Austin whispered in the kitchen. He was still in his plaid pajama bottoms and grey sleeping shirt. "We do not want to wake up the Alpha and Beta."

"Too late," Dimitri muttered, sleepily walking into the kitchen. He immediately went to the fridge to take out the orange juice. He poured a glass for him and June.

"We're sorry we thought we were being quiet," Jessica apologized. Already, she was neatly dressed and her makeup was perfectly applied. She wore a vibrant red lip and a light blush that accentuated her silk blouse.

"You were being quiet by human definition," Adlaric added, walking in behind Dimitri. He was already up and dressed in his usual business attire. It was clear that he was the morning person while Dimitri was the night owl, although both had to endure both times. "To us, it sounds like construction work."

Austin and Jessica apologized emphatically.

"Don't worry about it," Dimitri sighed, glancing at June before continuing. He handed her the glass of orange juice before sitting down. "Alpha Adlaric has been in a very good mood lately." Adlaric rolled his eyes and walked over to his Beta as he fixed his cuff link.

"Believe me Dimitri, I'm not the only one in a good mood, isn't that right June?" His eyes snapped to the other women with a knowing grin.

To Jessica and Austin it was just banter, but it was clear to all the wolves in the room what was happening. Adlaric was well aware that they were mates and he also knew that June had spent the majority of the night with Dimitri. Adlaric was slightly jealous; he wanted to spend eternity with Eve.

"We are about to wake the birthday girl up. Would you two like to join us?" Austin asked as he brought his mug to his lips.

"Actually, I think Eve would hate to have Adlaric see her when she just woke up."

Jessica hummed in agreement at June's words and nodded. "My daughter seems to think she isn't the most beautiful girl in the world."

"We think she is, but I guess we are biased," Austin chimed in, sipping his coffee.

Adlaric didn't think Eve was pretty, he knew she was gorgeous. She was the Aphrodite of this world.

"What makes her think that she isn't? Beautiful, I mean."

"No one, besides us, really told her any differently, I guess. I mean the first date she went on, the guy forgot her name and asked her for-" June suddenly stopped mid-sentence. She knew her parents did not know this story. She quickly adjusted her statement. "money. Eve hasn't been treated like she wants to be. She's dated a lot of guys who were complete dicks to her."

Adlaric had a hyper awareness of how people acted. He also was Alpha and because of that could sense his pack-mates uneasiness. He made a mental note to find out the real story later.

"Would you like some pancakes, King Romanov?" Jessica asked, holding up a fresh batch in front of her. Austin smiled at his wife and kissed her cheek.

"Call me Adlaric. We are family now. And no thank you, I'm quite full. What do you mean dicks?" His mind was still consumed with Eve's history. Jessica had to stop herself from grunting at the thought of her daughter's exes. Austin on the other hand did not hide his emotions so well.