Chapter 8

As Hansen lay on his bed in the hotel room of Four Seasons, he looked up to the ceiling with his hands crossed behind his head

As Hansen lay on his bed in the hotel room of Four Seasons, he looked up to the ceiling with his hands crossed behind his head. Being alone in the hotel room, his mind drifted off to what it would be like staying in Hawai'i, if the affair hadn't happened. Hannah would be here with him.

He could imagine Hannah laying right by his side, and expressing how excited she was to be here. He could imagine him and Hannah walking hand in hand on the beach as the sun was setting and doing every single little thing tourists do on those travel commercials on TV.

He turned to the side and looked at the alarm clock on the light stand by the bed. 8:15 p.m.

Hansen rolled his eyes. It was going to be a while till he fell asleep. He debated calling the flight attendants that gave him their phone numbers. He really didn't feel like doing it, but going out would be better than staying inside the room thinking about the affair. He didn't want to throw himself a pity party and feel even worse.

He needed to get out and distract himself from everything. Remembering that he also had Frank's number, he smirked to himself, at the thought of Frank waiting for his phone call.

Picking up his cell, he decided to give Tiffany acall, since she was the first one to give him her number. Plus, Frank seemed toreally want to meet that second flight attendant Maddy. When Tiffany picked up thephone, she was really glad that Hansen had called.

She told him about a fundraiser that was going on in Waikiki. A lot of the other flight attendants were going to the fundraiser.

"You can even bring your friend. The guy that was sitting on the side of you," said Tiffany.

"Great. He really wanted to meet a coworker of yours named Maddy," Hansen replied, chuckling on the phone.

Tiffany laughed and said, "Maddy's single, and she's going to be at the auction too. So this works out. Do you need a ride there? I can pick you up." "No. It's fine," said Hansen.

"I'll text you the address. I'll be there around 8:20pm. The hotel I'm staying in is not too far from the fundraiser," said Tiffany. She was staying at one of the hotels in Waikiki.

"Sounds good. See you then," said Hansen, as he hung up.

After that, he dialed Frank's number.

"Hello?" answered Frank when he picked up.

"Hey man, it's Hansen. I'm going to hang out with one of the flight attendants that gave me her phone number. I know you were interested in one of them, so I'm giving you a call to see if you still want to come," said Hansen.

"Dude, of course. I've already showered and changed. I've been ready for hours," Frank replied with eagerness. 

Hansen pulled back from the phone and looked at it with an eyebrow raised. He couldn't decide whether to laugh, or to be weirded out by the fact that he'd been ready for hours.

Hansen was glad that he called, he would have felt bad if he went out without inviting Frank.

"I'm staying at the Four Seasons Hotel in Ko'Olina too. I remembered that you're staying here, so I will meet you out front in twenty minutes," said Hansen.

"Sounds good," said Frank.

Hansen hung up and quickly took a shower. He decided to dress casual for the fundraiser. He fixed his hair and threw on a black button-up shirt and denim jeans. He put his hotel room key into his wallet, before putting on his shoes.

He tucked his wallet into his pocket, grabbed his phone, and put his watch on before heading out the door. The watch he always wore was given to him by his father as a birthday present. Hansen treasured it.

Taking the elevator downstairs and walking toward the lobby, he saw Frank dressed in a black dress shirt and denim jeans. Frank's hair seemed to be tamer than it was on the plane.

"Hey man, thanks for letting me come along," said Frank.

"Don't mention it," said Hansen, shrugging. Hansen was thinking about taking a Lyft, since he didn't get a rental car.

"I got a rental car, since I'm going to be here for a couple of days. So we can take my car," said Frank.

"Okay. I don't drink alcohol, so I can drive on the way back home if you want," Hansen replied as he followed Frank to the rental car.

Frank had rented a black sedan, which was perfect since it was just Hansen and him. Frank got into the driver's seat while Hansen sat in the passenger seat. Hansen copied and pasted the address that Tiffany texted him into his phone as Frank pulled out of the parking lot and began to head towards Waikiki. Frank had been to Hawai'i several times, so he knew some of the popular places.

When they arrived at the destination, Frank parked in the parking lot. He turned toward Hansen and said, "Quick! Smell my breath," as he blew air toward Hansen with his mouth wide open.

Hansen put his hand on Franks face and pushed him away. "You smell fine," rolling his eyes as he got out of the car.

The fundraiser was in Waikiki at Kapiolani Park. It was a gated fundraiser. There were food stands, game booths, and a huge stage in the middle. Hansen didn't know what the fundraiser was for, but was still glad he came. He always helped out back at home with fundraisers, but this would be his first time attending one in Hawai'i.

"This wasn't what I had in mind, when I pictured hanging out with the flight attendants," said Frank as he tilted his head. He pictured going to the clubs or going to the bar at least. He hoped they at least had alcohol inside.

"It'll be fun," Hansen said chuckling.

"Okay," Frank shrugged, as they both headed towards the event.