Chapter 32

Hansen quickly hugged Thanya as she screamed in agony and shock at losing her legs

Hansen quickly hugged Thanya as she screamed in agony and shock at losing her legs. She never thought this would happen to her. She was in the hospital for weeks. Hansen's parents went straight home. They decided to let her get some rest and meet her when she came by the house after the doctor deemed it safe for her to go home.

When the doctor finally gave them the green light, Hansen used his parents' car to take her home. Since it was so handy for his dad, it would come in handy for Thanya too. 

"I can't wait to meet the girl that's got my son smiling wider than a Cheshire Cat," Dan said in a teasing tone on the phone.

"You'll get to meet her soon. We're pulling up to the house right now," said Hansen, right before he hung up.

He couldn't wait for his dad to meet Thanya. 

When Thanya met Dan, she couldn't help but feel like Dan didn't like her. After staying at Hansen's parents' house for weeks, Dan didn't come right out and say that he didn't like Thanya, but the feeling was there and she knew it. She just couldn't quite shake it. She didn't want to tell Hansen, because she wasn't sure he was going to believe her. Ever since they arrived at the house, Dan had given her a vibe that made her feel unwelcome.

One of the days that Thanya had helped with dinner, Dan didn't want to eat what Thanya had made. She had helped Belle make a pie. Dan took one bite and said that it was the best pie he had tasted out of all of the pies his wife had made. Yet, as soon as Belle told him that Thanya had helped, Dan immediately swallowed the food, and never took another bite, claiming he was mistaken and the pie that Belle had made for his birthday was even better.

Any food that Thanya had helped Belle make, Dan never ate any of it. It was either too salty, or too sweet. Overcooked or undercooked. It was never good enough for him. There was always something wrong with what she helped cook. Everyone else disagreed— they enjoyed eating Thanya's food. If that was not clear enough, then Thanya didn't know what was.

She was glad that Belle still liked her. Belle had been nothing but kind to Thanya and she could tell that the feeling was genuine. Belle wasn't being kind to her just because she was dating her son. Thanya could tell that, who Belle was. She was genuinely a kind person.