Very interesting neighbours

"It was very kind of you to invite us for tea but we have got to go. We need to give the pie to the other family." Victoria said to Rachel Lynde who smiled warmly at the two Edwards.

"It was nothing dears. You're welcome to come back whenever you want to." Victoria nodded her head. She held onto the basket holding the remaining pie and held onto her brother's hand as they walked down the steps.

"She talks too much. I think I might have got a headache." Edward exclaimed as he placed his free hand on his forehead.

"I agree with you about that. Let's just hope that the next neighbours don't talk too much. It's getting dark anyway."

Victoria and Edward walked towards the next house which was smaller than the one before. Victoria knocked onto the door and it didn't take a lot of time until it opened to reveal a girl with ginger hair.

Victoria instantly smiled. "Hello there. My family and I just moved here from-" "England!" The young girl continued for her which made Victoria's eyes open wide. "I can tell by your accent! And how wonderful it is! I wish that I had an accent as well, it makes you sound more elegant and posh as if you're royalty." The girl said while being very passionate with every word.

Victoria felt her brother tuck onto her hand, a habit he does whenever he feels scared.

"Anne! Who's at the door?" Victoria heard a voice shout and it wasn't long until a woman with greying hair came into view.

Her angering look softened when she laid eyes on the two children. "Why hello there. Who might you two be?"

Victoria smiled. "I'm Victoria Edwards and this is my brother- come on introduce yourself." Victoria nudged her brother to say something and Victoria knew why he wasn't responding. When he introduced himself to Rachel Lynde, she commented on how weird his name was.

"I'm-- Edward Edwards," Edward replied in a barely audible tone.

"You both have very beautiful names," the ginger replied. "And you have very exquisite hair."

Victoria felt shy and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "That's very sweet of you and must I say that your ginger hair is also beautiful. Anyway, we just arrived here today and my mother baked a pie for you to have."

Victoria grabbed the pie from her basket and handed it to the older woman. "That was very nice of you." Victoria smiled. "I'll tell her that you told her that. It's apple, her speciality. My parents also wanted you to know that you're very welcome to stop by whenever you want."

"I'm Anne Shirley Cuthbert and this is Marilla Cuthbert. It was nice meeting you." Anne said with an ever-growing smile. "It was a pleasure meeting your acquaintance. I look forward to seeing you around." Victoria replied and nudged her brother once again for him to say something.

"Uhh... Happy holidays." Edward replied which made Victoria look at him weirdly. "Yeah, farewell," Victoria added as she waved the two goodbye. The two women waved back and the Edwards made their way towards home.

"Happy holidays?" Victoria asked incredulously. Edward pouted. "I panicked!"  Victoria laughed. "Well, I don't think they minded at all. It's a good thing that you're very cute." She laughed again.

Even though Edward tried his best to stay mad at his sister he couldn't. And it didn't take long until he was laughing along with her as well.