Meet the brothers

The two siblings were quickly joined by the youngest one. Edward came next to the two, pouting while saying that they didn't call him to join them as they didn't want him.

Victoria quickly hugged her brother and the three Edwards children proceeded with their conversations which now included Edward's opinions.

"Why are you here with us? Don't you have friends your own age?" Edward remarked after Hamilton asked him why he wasn't with any of his school friends.

Hamilton gasped dramatically.

So, people say that Victoria is dramatic, that's not true, she's not dramatic, Hamilton is.

Victoria laughed at the face Hamilton did and then saw him flicking his finger on Edward's forehead. Edward yelped and then stepped on Hamilton's foot. "Oh, you little-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt." All the Edwards siblings turned around to look at the upcoming guest.

Victoria smiled when she saw Gilbert Blythe coming her way, looking as handsome as ever especially in more smart and elegant clothing.

Edward also smiled as he was familiar with the boy who he sometimes saw while he's at school.

Hamilton on the other looked at his sister and the boy in confusion, his eyes darting back and forth between the two.

Gilbert returned the smile that he was given and the two stared at one another not fully knowing themselves on what was going on. Hamilton finally cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything like that. But who are you?"

Gilbert turned to face Hamilton and took out his hand for the older sibling to shake. "Gilbert Blythe, I go to school with Victoria."

Hamilton shook the boy's hand and nodded. "Gilbert, huh. I'm Hamilton Edwards. Don't say anything about my name, if you have a question on why it's weird then go ask my parents. You see, they named me."

Victoria looked at her brother with disbelief and ran a hand over her face as she groaned in annoyance. Gilbert took a breath of relief when Hamilton let go of the tightly gripped handshake.

"Why don't you take Hamilton to the food table, Edward?" Victoria told Edward with a harsh nod towards the table, begging her younger brother to take him away.

Edward nodded in understanding, knowing full well how much Victoria wanted to get rid of Hamilton. Edward grabbed Hamilton's hand and tried to pull him away.

"Come on you doofus, let's let the two talk." Hamilton started to walk away when he gave Victoria a knowing look and an exaggerated wink.

"I get why you're friends with him, Vicky, he's one dishy bloke," Hamilton said before he left which made Victoria glared at him.

She was glad that Gilbert had no idea what the British word meant because if he did, she would have died of embarrassment. Edward pulled tighter on Hamilton's hand.

"Leave them alone, you tosser."

Hamilton huffed. "Plonker."

Gilbert stared at the two boys for a while after they left and then shook his head. "Would you believe me if I said that I barely understood half of what all of you said?" Gilbert admitted as he turned to Victoria. Victoria shrugged. "Absobloodylootely."

Gilbert nodded. "That was an easy one. I think I know what it means. Anyway, you look great tonight. I especially like your hair, I must say you look better with it down."

Gilbert reached out and twirled a strand of curly hair which made Victoria feel slightly flustered.

Gilbert then let go of her hair and took a step back, after that he gazed into Victoria's green eyes.