Chapter Nine

sherlock managed to get jim back to his house by midnight. although he was practically dragging him across the doorstep. mrs hudson walked out into the hall to see the pair of them, sherlock with his arm under jim's armpits, carefully lowering him down onto the bottom step. jim had tear stains down his cheeks and looked impressively tired. 'my god boys what happened?' she gasped, rushing forwards to help sherlock sit jim down, and then to fuss over jim.

jim woke up with his face pressed into a pillow. he lifted his head confused and looked around with blurry eyes, he noticed someone sat in a chair, focusing his eyes he saw sherlock, hunched over a book. he chuckled and sherlock looked up smiling. 'morning jim' 'hey shirly, what happened' 'i think you had a mental breakdown on a bathroom floor' 'sounds like me' jim groaned, dropping his head back into the pillow. he rolled onto his side, and then realised something.

'sherlock did you take my jeans off?' 'i left everything else on, i just thought you'd be comfortable.' jim chuckled again as sherlock tried to hide his reddening cheeks. jim shuffled over and lifted up the duvet, patting the space on the bed next to him 'come here, you look like you haven't slept' 'i haven't' sherlock shrugged but stood up and lay down next to jim.

at roughly ten am mrs hudson stopped mycroft as he left the kitchen 'mycroft dear, could you get your brother up for breakfast..' 'yes of course mrs hudson' '..he's got that friend over again so maybe knock?' mycroft groaned.

he knocked on sherlock's door impatiently but there was no reply. he pushed the door open to see jim and sherlock cuddled up together, spooning in their sleep. he laughed quietly then cleared his throat loudly. sherlock sat up, the movement waking jim up. 'it's breakfast boys' mycroft announced leaving the room before either of  the embarrassed looking boys could think up an excuse.

they got dressed, and met mycroft and mrs hudson down at the dining table. they made polite conversation for a minute before mycroft looked up at jim and asked casually 'so how long have you two been together?' sherlock choked on his orange juice as jim laughed. 'we're not together' 'oh but..' mycroft began. 'we're not together mycroft' sherlock interjected quickly. mycroft raised his eyebrows but said nothing.

the boys ended up playing another competitive game of chess, which sherlock won, but only just. 'why don't we play black jack?' jim suggested raising an eyebrow almost suggestively. sherlock grinned, 'what are the stakes?' 'you take an item of clothing off every time you loose a hand' 'are you suggesting strip black jack?' sherlock asked, blushing slightly. 'well i mean you already took my jeans off, whilst i was sleeping i hasten to add, so i think we're passed formalities' sherlock shook his head laughing.

half an hour later and sherlock was sat in his jeans and nothing else eyeing his cards and jim suspiciously. jim sat opposite him in nothing but his boxer shorts. 'stick.' sherlock announced after a few short seconds of concentration they placed their cards down and jim groaned, 'shit'. sherlock laughed, 'you don't have to take your underwear off'. 'good because that really would be difficult to explain to your brother... although the rules do dictate..' jim added, running a finger underneath the waistband of his underwear, grinning at the embarrassed look on sherlock's face. 'well i mean i wouldn't want you to do anything you felt uncomfortable with...' sherlock mumbled, looking anywhere but at jim's crotch' 'i think you'd be more uncomfortable than i would sherlock' jim laughed.