Chapter One-

Sherlock Holmes, like always, woke up to the shrill ringing of his alarm clock. He sighed and swatted at the clock until it fell silent. Slowly he swung his legs out of bed and stretched, yawning as he did so. He really was not in the mood to go to school, but then again, he rarely was.

Sherlock was an unusual teenager; he was tall with heavily defined cheekbones and he had dark brown curly hair that often hung in-front of his green, yet also blue, eyes. His paper white skin contrasted beautifully with his hair. Sherlock was what most what would describe as 'pretty' and he hated it. He swung open the wardrobe door and grabbed a white school shirt and a pair of black trousers. Once he was dressed he grabbed his phone from the bedside table and made his way downstairs. 'Morning, brother mine.' Mycroft, Sherlock's older brother greeted. Sherlock scowled,'Piss off Mycroft.' he spat as he opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. Mycroft rolled his eyes but decided not to say anything else. 'That'll be John.' Mycroft said, after a shrill ring from the doorbell sounded out. Morning as usual in the Holmes household.

John is Sherlock's friend, he had been the Holmes family's neighbour for as long as Sherlock could remember. John was a handsome boy, with short blonde hair and an athletic build. He played football for the school and was very popular because of it. They were an unlikely pair but, having grown up together, they had a very firm bond. 'Morning Sherlock.' John smiled cheerfully up at the other boy. John was roughly half a foot shorter than Sherlock so he really did have to look up to talk to him. 'Yeah.' Sherlock replied, hastily pulling on his school blazer and backpack. John chuckled, he was used to Sherlock's antisocial ways.

The boys walked down the street together, John talking about some homework or something whilst Sherlock pretended to be listening. As the neared the end of the street John stopped, Sherlock looked down at him, confused. John chuckled 'forgetting something?' Sherlock raised an eyebrow. No? he thought to himself. 'What on earth could I possibly forget, John?' He asked, John laughed just as Sherlock heard two sets of footsteps running up behind him. He spun around to see Molly Hooper running up behind them, closely followed by a boy Sherlock didn't recognise. He turned back to John and pulled a 'Ah shit.' face. Molly had reached them by this point. 'Hi guys!' She greeted them cheerfully. 'Hi Molly.' John replied with a smile. Sherlock remained quiet, he was staring at the stranger Molly had brought with her. Sherlock looked him up and down, he could tell by the boys neatly shaped eyebrows, very tight trousers and the clearly visible branded waist band of the boys underwear that he was probably gay. Molly smiled and put her hand on the boys arm 'This is Jim, he just moved in next door.' 'Hey' the boy, Jim, smiled up at Sherlock, seemingly flirtatiously, but maybe that was his strong Dublin accent. 'Gay' Sherlock whispered. John snorted and Jim looked slightly offended. 'What did you say, Sherlock?' Molly frowned, looking almost hurt. 'Oh er, hey.' Sherlock nodded at Jim then turned around and started walking briskly in the direction of the school. Jim raised an eyebrow at John and John shrugged in response and started walking after Sherlock.

'So, John, How long have you been playing football?' Jim asked. John groaned, 'Oh god you're like Sherlock?' Jim looked confused so John continued. 'Like what told you that, my hair? My left hand?' Jim looked at John for a few seconds then replied. 'You're holding a football kit, John.' John chuckled a bit and Jim smiled. 'Tell me what you meant by like Sherlock?'

Whilst John attempted to explain Sherlock to Jim, Molly had sped up so she was now walking with Sherlock. 'Why did you say that about Jim?' 'Hmm?' Sherlock replied, pretending he didn't know what she meant. 'Why did you say Jim was gay, Sherlock?'
'I didn't.' Sherlock replied, perhaps a little too quickly. He sped up so he was waking ahead of the others.