Chapter Six

At 6:00pm Jim's phone buzzed in his back pocket, he pulled it out to see a text from an unknown number flash across the screen. He unlocked his phone and read;
Hey! Irene's is at 8:00 so get ready for 7:30!! Molly's dad has a 7 seater so she's giving us all a lift. -Mary xx
Jim saved Mary's contact in his phone then replied with.
Got it. -JM xx

At 7:28 Jim was ready. He was wearing very tight black jeans and a plain white tee under a black leather jacket. 'Wow. looking good Jim.' Molly called from her doorway as she stepped outside. She was wearing a knee length lilac dress which brought out her pale hazel eyes. 'Not too bad yourself.' Jim replied with a wink. Molly blushed and made her way to the car, Jim followed. They picked Sherlock up next. He was wearing dark grey skinny jeans and a black nirvana t-shirt. His brown curls hung in his eyes and Jim couldn't help but think he looked perfect. Next they picked up Mary and John. Mary was wearing a short red dress which clung to her curves, as she herself clung to Johns arm. Probably to stop herself tripping as she was wearing roughly three inch heals. John wore blue skinny jeans and a pale grey New York t-shirt under a blue denim jacket.

Somehow they all piled into Molly's Dad's car. With Molly and Jim in the very back and Sherlock, Mary and John in the middle. leaving Molly's dad alone in the front. 'Want the radio on kids' He asked. 'Sure' Jim said. Leaning over the seat and resting his hand on Sherlock's thigh to balance himself. Sherlock looked down at Jim's hand and raised an eyebrow at Jim, who pretended not to notice. 'What do you want on?' 'Have you got Fall Out Boy?' 'You like Fall Out Boy?' Sherlock asked eagerly. 'You're kidding?' Jim replied 'I'd kill a man for Pete Wentz'

At almost 8 on the dot they arrived at Irene Adler's house. Jim got a few stares as he entered the hallway of the house. Understandable. He had punched Phillip Anderson unconscious on his first day, and he did look good in black.

The party went well for about three hours but eventually people started leaving. At around 11 only a handful of them were left; Sherlock, Jim, John, Molly, Mary and Irene. 'Hey! why don't we play spin the bottle?' Irene suggested. Eventually everyone agreed and they all sat in a circle on the floor.
'I'll spin first' Irene said, grabbing a nearby coke bottle. She spun it expertly and it slowed to a stop at John. John looked apologetically at Mary as he stood to kiss Irene. They played a few more rounds getting;
John and Molly
Molly and Sherlock
Sherlock and Irene
Irene and Sherlock, again.
Sherlock span the bottle again and it slowed to a stop, pointing directly at Jim.

'i guess you can skip that if you want guys?' Irene suggested after a few seconds of silence. 'Now where would be the sportsmanship in that?' Jim said, getting to his feet and moving towards the still sitting Sherlock. 'Unless Sherlock has a problem?' 'Oh erm, no. i mean it's only a game.' Sherlock replied.

So Jim knelt down in front of Sherlock and gently cupped his face with his right hand. Sherlock leant forward and closed his eyes, Jim did the same. Still delicately cupping Sherlock's jaw. Their lips touched and for a moment Sherlock forgot everything but Jim.

Then Jim pulled away and stood up. 'Do i spin the bottle now?' He asked into the stunned silence.

As they took a break for snacks and drinks. John pulled Jim to one side. 'You know Sherlock's gay right?' He whispered. 'I'd guessed as much.' Jim replied cooly. 'Oh okay i just didn't want Sherlock to think you were flirting with him or anything, you know the way you kissed him..' 'it's just a game john.' Jim interrupted, then he smirked and walked away. Leaving John stood on his own, looking mildly bemused.

They soon returned to their game.
Jim spun the bottle and it landed on John. He kissed Johns cheek and John smiled gratefully. John spun Mary. Mary spun Irene and kissed her cheek. The game continued on like this. Until Sherlock landed on Jim. Jim smirked as Sherlock shuffled over to him awkwardly. 'Do you want me to kiss your cheek or..' Sherlock asked. 'Surprise me Jim' replied with a laugh. Sherlock chuckled and leant forward, kissing Jim's cheek lightly.

As the night went on they all grew tired and decided they would stay the night. Irene and the girls went up to Irene's bedroom. John got the sofa and Jim and Sherlock got a double mattress on the floor.

Jim lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling and listening to John snore quietly. He was thinking about the boy sleeping next to him. Jim was used to flirting with everyone but he had never really taken it as far with boys as he had with Sherlock. Something was different about Sherlock and Jim didn't know what that meant.  

Jim woke up to the sound of giggling. His left arm felt slightly numb. He opened his eyes slowly to see the girls stood over him giggling. He felt something warm pressed against his left side and turned to see Sherlock curled up with his head on his shoulder and his hand on Jim's chest. Jim had his arm around Sherlock's waist. They must have moved together in their sleep. He chuckled softly and rolled Sherlock over so he could get up.