t w e n t y t h r e e

this is 3k more words than i planned.
oops

Interestingly enough, the first thing Taehyung noticed about a glammed up Jeon Jungkook was not his sheer blouse, his tight leather pants, nor his parted hair; instead, his eyes were instantly drawn to Jungkook's own, and they bulged when they saw a sharp little wing drawn from each eyelid crease:

Jungkook was wearing eyeliner.

Maybe mascara too. Was that eyeshadow? Taehyung couldn't tell, but he was sure as hell mesmerized. So mesmerized, in fact, that when Jimin dragged a blushing Jungkook out of his house (forcing him to vogue, of course- making him blow kisses, strike poses, and then spanking him for the fun of it), asking for confirmation that he was the best makeup artist/stylist/friend/icon in the world, Taehyung literally said, "Sjkdjfh." And then Jimin asked him to speak up, and he said the same thing ("Sjkdjfh") except louder.

His words were nothing. They meant nothing. He was just surprised.

"Sorry we took so long. Jungkook has fatass thighs. They don't fit into shit," Jimin said, smiling. He climbed into the Uber, taking the front seat, while Jungkook clambered over to the backseats. He reached for the door handle, but Taehyung was already leaning across the seats and pushing it open himself, flopping over the seats as he did so. Jungkook blushed, using Taehyung's hand to help him get in the car. Taehyung was still staring.

"Hi," Jungkook started. He was looking down at his hands, which were a tangle of fingers between his thighs, knees bobbing anxiously. It was Friday night- aka the night of Zico's party. When asked about a theme, the guy just said "purple." So they tried to dress accordingly.

"Hi."

The Uber driver started up the car, and Jimin politely asked for the aux (by politely he meant he pouted, flirted a little, and it was given to him) and used it to play random indie songs. He mentioned that Yoongi and Hoseok were meeting them at the party and Taehyung just nodded, only half listening. His eyes trailed to Jungkook's shirt.

"Is that a blouse?"

Jungkook blinked his long lashes. "Um- is it? Minnie, is this a blouse?"

Jimin scoffed, ruffling his hair up. "I guess. It's purple and flowery. Taehyung, don't you like it?"

Taehyung reached out and felt the lacy material, rubbing it between his thumb and forefinger. "Yes," he managed to let out. Jungkook grew red. "Pretty."

"I know! He looks so pretty," Jimin agreed, typing away at his phone.

Jungkook shook his head bashfully, scratching his nose. "Jimin went kinda overboard with the... the makeup. I don't usually wear any. Can't tell if it looks good or not," Jungkook mumbled. Taehyung pulled his phone out, snapped a picture of Jungkook, and within the span of a few seconds, scribbled the word "koo <3" in Snapchat lettering above his head. Jungkook scrunched his nose up when he saw the photo, while Taehyung sat ogling the same picture.

"Oh. Doesn't suit me."

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, reopened them, and tried looking again. He genuinely did not see a flaw. He saw Jungkook's little cheek scar beneath a layer of foundation and blush, but he didn't think that was a flaw. Really, he thought it was quite cute, and he reminded himself to ask about its history.