𝐓𝐇𝐄 2𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄: "𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭."

The 2ND WAVE
' I Can't Swin For Shit '

╔═══════════════╗
𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎
╚═══════════════╝
• Surfs up! •

╔═══════════════╗𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐑⚔︎╚═══════════════╝• Surfs up! •

• ♚ •

━━I groaned as I placed the water bottles we had just refilled in my bag.

Ever since all power was shut down looking for food that hasn't expired and clean water has been hard.

"Hey—what happened to that Parish boy?"

I gulp at the mention of his name. I didn't even know if he was still alive. "Kenzie—don't you ever say his name ever again!" I yelled at her before continuing walking away.

She ran after me—her eyes holding genuine care. "Ava—nobody told you to ignore him..." She trails off from beside me.

"Holy shit what in the fuckery fuck is that?!" She added and tugged on my arm as I pulled my bag tighter around my shoulder as the ground started shaking and breaking.

"Kenzie! It's an Earth quake run!" I yelled and grabbed her arm—pulling her towards a bench because we were surrounded by woods and a tree would most likely crush us if we hid behind it.

She followed me as I crawled underneath it and the two of us cuddled up—our eyes wide and body trembling in fear.

"Do you think this is a good idea?!" She yelled out—holding onto me as I covered our heads.

"Do you have A BETTER ONE?!" I screamed back and over the powerful shaking ground.

She shook her head and we staid there for a few minutes—the shaking had stopped a while ago but it seemed like a good idea to stay there.

When we finally crawled out from under the bench the ground shook again.

"Ava what is that?" She asked as she turned around.

Before I could even see what it was she began to run—a look of terror on her face.

I spun around and stumbled back after her.

"Oh my god!" I screamed and began running.

It was a huge wave. A tsunami to be more exact.

"I can't swim for shit!" Kenzie yelled out from ahead of me as I picked up in speed.

I glance around—more people around expect for one.

"RUN!" I shouted as the little girl just stood there in shock—not moving as the tsunami picked up in speed.

Shit shit! Where' are her parents?!

I picked her up—scooping her tiny body before continuing to run for our lives after Kenzie.

Then I noticed she was slowing down. Shit. Her asthma.

"KENZIE THE TREE!" I yelled—heading straight for it.

I got on my tippy toes and lifted the girl onto the tree before I started to climb it as fast as I could myself.

I extended my hand down to my sister—"Kenzie give me your hand!" I yelled as the water started getting closer.

She looked up and started wheezing.

"Give me a second." She let out making tears well up in my eyes as I continued looking back at her and the water

"KENIZE JUST GIVE ME YOUR HAND!" I shouted in fear as the water got closer.

"THERE'S NO TIME!" I added as she reached up.

"Jump." I yelled and she did but just not in time.

The water swallowed her up and my hand grasped air where her hand once used to be.

"Kenzie?!" I yelled in tears as there was no longer a sign of her.

I moved to the edge of the tree—glancing in the milky water.

"KENZIE!" I shouted as the little girl cried to herself.

Then I heard a crack.

Not from a bone but from the tree starting to break.

I looked down in fear and immediately grab onto the little girl whose eyes are wide in tears and fear.

That's when we came crashing down hard into the cold milky water and the girl screamed as the cold water pulled us under.

I gasped and tried to swim up—wrapping her arms around my neck as I lifted her onto my back.

The water was too strong.

I looked at the little girl as I took her off my back—"Do you know-" Something hit my head and everything became foggy—a loud ringing sound in my ears as I tried to fight off the big current that had started to drag me around.

I scream as something hits my side and curl into a ball—trying to protect my body from the incoming debris.

Somehow my head was over the water and I took a big gulp of air—coughing out the water that somehow made its way into my mouth.

My arms are tired and when as I see the water dragging my body towards a tree I grabbed ahold of one of its tree branches and pulled myself up and onto it.

I lay on it—shaking while I tired to catch my breath and looked around.

Nobody was in sight.

Not even Kenzie.

Not even the little girl.

It was night time by the time I pushed my self to get down from the tree.

The water died down a few minutes after I pulled myself onto it but I was just too pussy to get down and in pain from my body hitting different objects in the water.

I limped all the way home.

Blood running down my forehead and my mascara running down my face.

Once I opened the door and I screamed.

And cried and just screamed.

Kenzie was really gone.

Me and her never got along but she was my sister.

She was the only one that really got me and tried to get me to talk to Ben after that day at school but he was gone.

My father and mother both ran down the stairs and tried to calm me down but nothing helped.

"Kenzie's gone! she's gone mum she's really gone!" I yelled out.

They looked at each other and started crying. I was supposed to protect her and I couldn't.

That was the second wave—it was an earthquake strong enough to shake the whole planet.

My sister didn't make it and the little girl didn't either.